Search

MH KUL Check-In opening times

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM
MH KUL Check-In opening times

Hello all!

I'll be arriving at KUL in klia2 around 1am in the morning, and have a next flight on MH J class the following evening. I was wondering if there is 24-hour shuttle from klia2 to klia1, and are any of the J-class check-in desks are open after 1 am? If not, can I also enter airside with just a mobile b/p? Or are there self check-in kiosks to print out the b/p? I don't have any checked luggage so that won't be a problem.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:46 pm

Mobile b/p will work just fine at KUL to enter airside.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:33 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

there's a free terminal transfer bus between KLIA and KLIA2 and is supposedly 24 hours. You need to register to use it: LST - LANDSIDE TRANSFER
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Sozee
Hello all!

I'll be arriving at KUL in klia2 around 1am in the morning, and have a next flight on MH J class the following evening. I was wondering if there is 24-hour shuttle from klia2 to klia1, and are any of the J-class check-in desks are open after 1 am? If not, can I also enter airside with just a mobile b/p? Or are there self check-in kiosks to print out the b/p? I don't have any checked luggage so that won't be a problem.

Many thanks!
some additional thoughts: even though you should be able to enter airside and access the MH lounge at the satellite building (lounge open 24hrs), it is a long time to be spending there until the next evening. I would consider getting a proper bed for the night - such as at the Aerotel, located landside at klia2.

The nap room at the MH lounge may be fully occupied by then and does not provide the level of privacy that you would get via proper rooms at the new Aerotel or at Tune Hotel (both landside KLIA2). Saves you from figuring out the transfer to klia1 at such early hours.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zawnet

some additional thoughts: even though you should be able to enter airside and access the MH lounge at the satellite building (lounge open 24hrs), it is a long time to be spending there until the next evening. I would consider getting a proper bed for the night - such as at the Aerotel, located landside at klia2.

The nap room at the MH lounge may be fully occupied by then and does not provide the level of privacy that you would get via proper rooms at the new Aerotel or at Tune Hotel (both landside KLIA2). Saves you from figuring out the transfer to klia1 at such early hours.
I was tempted, but I also thought it out. I booked at the new (or new in my mind as I only recently found out it existed) Napzone KLIA Hostel in Satellite, which convenient since it's right inside airside.

By the way, is there a Lounge meet up thread for MH?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Hello all!

I'll be arriving at KUL in klia2 around 1am in the morning, and have a next flight on MH J class the following evening.
That seems to be an awfully long time to be in any airport. I don't think the KLIA Express (train) is running at that hour, but may I suggest taking Grab (similar to Uber elsewhere) or maybe a bus (if it still runs at that hour) to a hotel/hostel/AirBNB in downtown KL? Cheap accommodations are plentiful in KL and you can spend the next day exploring the city instead of waiting it out at the airport.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nov11
That seems to be an awfully long time to be in any airport. I don't think the KLIA Express (train) is running at that hour, but may I suggest taking Grab (similar to Uber elsewhere) or maybe a bus (if it still runs at that hour) to a hotel/hostel/AirBNB in downtown KL? Cheap accommodations are plentiful in KL and you can spend the next day exploring the city instead of waiting it out at the airport.
I'd like to consider myself as a hard-core av-geek/airport fan, as I'm pretty okay, and like spending a full day in an airport XD
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:52 pm

I'd like to consider myself as a hard-core av-geek/airport fan, as I'm pretty okay, and like spending a full day in an airport XD
There was a point in time when I considered myself the same, though after about 4-5 times spending effectively 7-8 hours in what were supposed to be the world’s best lounges, it got really boring.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
KLIA MH counter opens 24 hours, so checking early is not an issue.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
KLIA MH counter opens 24 hours, so checking early is not an issue.
how early can I check in? (I mean luggage).

I will be arriving 8pm on Friday and depart 11am on Sunday, both MH, would like if I can check in my luggage on Friday evening for my Sunday flight?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Ausriver
how early can I check in? (I mean luggage).

I will be arriving 8pm on Friday and depart 11am on Sunday, both MH, would like if I can check in my luggage on Friday evening for my Sunday flight?
i was told by check in agent that we can check in luggage as early as 48 hours prior flight time
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:11 am

i was told by check in agent that we can check in luggage as early as 48 hours prior flight time
thanks. I’ll give it a try tmr
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:17 am

Tired at the first check in section of MH at KUL, check in does open 48 hours, however, luggage can only be checked in 24 hours prior... what's the point?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Tired at the first check in section of MH at KUL, check in does open 48 hours, however, luggage can only be checked in 24 hours prior... what's the point?
I guess that allows one to have any necessary documents check and formalities to be done (e.g. visas and such), though there doesn't seem to be much merit to the service other than that.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:17 pm

It’s the same as the online check-in option, save for the extra document checks. It’s all that’s needed for when you are travelling carry-on only (which I prefer these days).

You can use the storage options at KLIA, if needed.

Note that even SQ’s Early check-in @ Changi reads as follows:
“Early Check-In Time: Up to 48 hrs before departure. Please note that baggage check-in and entry into the transit area are only available 24 hrs before departure.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.