Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

4am MH-AK Transit (KLIA-KLIA2 early morning transfer)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat

I will be arriving on MH140 at 3:50 and thinking of connecting with AK126, AirAsia flight to SZX departs 6:10.

I would assume there shouldn't be too much people arriving KUL this early, and being arriving in J, I should be able to pass immigration very quickly. I will also have carry on only.

however, after checking the airport train time table, it seems the earliest one leaves KLIA at 5:09 and arrives KLIA2 at 5:12. What is the other options to get to KLIA2 earlier? I am thinking of leaving KLIA at around 4:30.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I will be arriving on MH140 at 3:50 and thinking of connecting with AK126, AirAsia flight to SZX departs 6:10.

I would assume there shouldn't be too much people arriving KUL this early, and being arriving in J, I should be able to pass immigration very quickly. I will also have carry on only.

however, after checking the airport train time table, it seems the earliest one leaves KLIA at 5:09 and arrives KLIA2 at 5:12. What is the other options to get to KLIA2 earlier? I am thinking of leaving KLIA at around 4:30.

Thanks
Never tried, the KLIA website states something but unclear if it applies.

Transit Information - Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad

There must be a bus connection or worst case a taxi.

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Dec 18, 2017 at 10:13 am
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: EK Silver
Was in KLIA last weekend transferring from Intl-Dom and I recall seeing a counter for the free KLIA-KLIA2 shuttle bus transfer, next to the MH transfer desks on the domestic airside.

The bus runs 24 hours and departs from Door 4 Level 1 KLIA

Transit Information - Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:46 pm

Yes, the bus is new - seems you can "book" it, so they'd be potentially be expecting you at least.... LST - LANDSIDE TRANSFER

Annoyingly I thought this was going to be airside, but seems not.

Otherwise just jump in a cab or call an Uber/Grab (then you'll be able to pay by credit card rather than needing MYR - it'll be dirt cheap) - it's enough time but not loads if you end up faffing around - KLIA2 will be busy and it'll take a little while to clear immigration and security there
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your tips about the transit bus.

I wouldn't risk a 2hr 20 minute transit if during day time between the 2 "airports". it seems the bus can be booked, however, will it still run if I was the only one booking it? Or would it need to wait for the next passenger?

Does any one know if I would be able to pre-printed boarding pass to go thru immigration? Just in case I couldn't make to the AirAsia counter at the T-1 hour cut of time.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:41 pm

I suspect even if you print it then you'll need to go to the counter for a visa/passport check - but it'll tell you on your boarding pass once you print it.

I wouldn't stress too much as long as your flight is on time. There will be no lines around that time in arrivals - personally I'd get an Uber or Grab (the WiFi works at KL fine) in case the bus doesn't go straight away
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:37 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
I remember they used to have air-side buses between terminals running sometime last year- and was pleasantly surprised. The website above doesnt seem to suggest this is happening anymore...will happen from sometime next year as below.

https://goo.gl/UpEH2L

Last edited by ashkale; Dec 21, 2017 at 5:26 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Try sending MY Airports a twitter .. they sometimes do reply.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:01 pm

May be a bit late for OP’s usage, but FYI:
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/...ia2-next-year/
“The service will be introduced at the KLIA and klia2 as both airports are main transit locations for passengers leaving for other countries or destinations.
“More interestingly, passengers and their respective baggage will also be transferred free between both terminals,” he added.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashkale
I remember they used to have air-side buses between terminals running sometime last year- and was pleasantly surprised. The website above doesnt seem to suggest this is happening anymore...will happen from sometime next year as below.

https://goo.gl/UpEH2L
How would air-side transfer work if you've got checked in luggage? I don't think any airline would tag thru to AirAsia, unless AirAsia opens up a transit desk to help pax check in and tag luggage. I would assume you can't just go to the KLIA2 airside without properly checked in.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
I am sure AirAsia and other budget carriers will do that for a price similar to changing connect by Tiger. You do realize that the runways are shared by the two airport terminals- so in reality operationally should be possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.