Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Guesting at LHR lounge - 1 adult and 2 kids

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

I’m flying economy to KL on Friday evening, with my mother-in-law and my two kids. I’m Oneworld Sapphire (with BA) so I gather that means I can use the Malaysia Golden Lounge at T4, and can take in one guest.

What is the likelihood that I’ll be able to take my mother-in-law and two kids in as guests? The kids are 11 and 7. BA typically are okay with this (although they always say “on this occasion” :-) ) when I travel with my wife and kids.

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
To be honest, the Business Class side of the LHR lounge doesn't have enough seats and is already a zoo when the flight is busy - after all, it was designed and specified before MH was part of Oneworld - and you're hoping to get in with 3 guests on the first Friday evening of half term...

So I wouldn't count on them letting you in, and consider yourself lucky if they do
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by Lambers
I’m flying economy to KL on Friday evening, with my mother-in-law and my two kids. I’m Oneworld Sapphire (with BA) so I gather that means I can use the Malaysia Golden Lounge at T4, and can take in one guest.

What is the likelihood that I’ll be able to take my mother-in-law and two kids in as guests? The kids are 11 and 7. BA typically are okay with this (although they always say “on this occasion” :-) ) when I travel with my wife and kids.

Thanks!
Quite unlikely unfortunately, one guest maybe but three, most probably not. I've seen for myself children (in Y) whose parents were in J being rejected entry in LHR, they're probably more lenient in KUL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.