Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J service on MH KUL-SIN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question J service on MH KUL-SIN

What is the J service on MH619 KUL-SIN dep ex KUL at 14.25.?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Flew MH last year to the other direction SIN-KUL (this was also around 2/3 pm).

Obviously lounge access included, but in addition I recall:
- they offered a pre-departure drink (juice / water?)
- newspapers offered
- hot meal; I recall had pasta (there were a couple of choices)

That probably was it. Of course the seat is comfortable enough on such a flight.

SQ, based on my experience, will serve a sandwich or something similar in J on this sector.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:53 am

It's under an hour of flight-time; you go up, don't think you even hit normal cruising altitude before you're coming down again.

Depending on which plane they use, whether the older or newer 738s, you may not have a screen. All standard recliners, ok in comfort terms. Not bad per se, but probably could do with a bit more elbow grease in the cleaning, even the new planes.

Food is nothing special, though more than sufficient for such a short flight, and okay taste-wise (but better if satay is one of the options, have had that twice on SG-KL flt!); alcohol won't be made available (get your drinks at the lounge pre-flight!).

Crew are always friendly! ^
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
took that exact flight last month in biz. only one hot snack and juice, and you will be landing before you know it. only benefit of biz is if you are accruing BA TPs or using the excellent lounge (go to satellite lounge and back, it is worth it!)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:02 pm

A hot snack will be served, which is usually an economy class main (satay is good if you get it). The drink selection is quite wide, like any regional flight (teh tarik should be available) but no drink menu is provided so some imagination is required.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
satay served, right?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
satay served, right?
I think it depends on the flight. It was served on the 7.25pm MH607 KUL-SIN back in April.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
The cleaning on MH aircraft sometimes leaves a lot to be desired...they could do a better job with the cleaning and maintaience of aircraft.\

It's such a short flight...literally take off, climbing up to cruising altitude before commencing descent....you just have enough time to have a drink, a light meal, read the papers and get ready for landing.

Satay is not always served.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
yup. cleaning needs to be improved on the MH planes.
Frankly a disgrace.
FWIW, I really don't like the MH738 planes...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ermen
FWIW, I really don't like the MH738 planes...
Unfortunately all regional flights that aren't longhaul are served by the B738s.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Unfortunately all regional flights that aren't longhaul are served by the B738s.
Not entirely true - they use an A330 on some of the KUL/DPS flights, for example.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
My PER flight got chances from a 332 to a 738...
And it's an overnighter...
Short day flights are fine.. but they still give a feeling of being old and dirty
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:00 am
Suspended

It has changed a bit..the A330 is doing the denpasar and Hong Kong route on and off I think at the moment.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ermen
My PER flight got chances from a 332 to a 738...
And it's an overnighter...
Short day flights are fine.. but they still give a feeling of being old and dirty
Originally Posted by wolf72
It has changed a bit..the A330 is doing the denpasar and Hong Kong route on and off I think at the moment.
That's nice to know.

I still fly on MH if it's cheap but will lose my Gold status by Feb 2018 as I won't be renewing.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:13 am
Suspended

That's nice to know.

I still fly on MH if it's cheap but will lose my Gold status by Feb 2018 as I won't be renewing.
A lot of people I know are giving up on the Enrich program. The new valuation/devaluation of the points system has really done a lot of damage I think. I guess they are now targeting a niche market of credit card users from maybank/cimb/citibank corporate customers who spend a lot on their cards and will attain high returns on enrich points and are willing to stay loyal to MH.

Pity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.