Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH aircraft change KUL - PER

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Kizz302
For me, it's about the seat pitch on the 737's. They are only 30" vs 32" on the A330 and i'm claustrophobic so chose flights based on seat pitch. 32" i'm just about ok with but not 30". I could pay for the exit row seats @ AU$50 pp for great legroom, but kids aren't allowed in them.
Thanks for your opinion. I guess however that you refer to Y class, correct? What about J, considering that it's supposed to cost around AUD 700 (KUL-PER-KUL)? Is this cheap enough to ignore the fact that it's J class in B737 instead of A330?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by tropikey
Thanks for your opinion. I guess however that you refer to Y class, correct? What about J, considering that it's supposed to cost around AUD 700 (KUL-PER-KUL)? Is this cheap enough to ignore the fact that it's J class in B737 instead of A330?
You could sit on row 14C and your wife and kids one row across on 15D/E/F so you can see each other as a solution? If those seats are still available.

I sit on the emergency seats all the time with all my 737 flights as I need the space for my legs. I get cramps anyways with the current 737 30 inch pitch on 2 hour flights so i need to regularly get up and stretch.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Same story here- A330 to 737 J class downgrade. Not happy - this airline needs to die a quick death. No more of my money is going their way.

Malindo Air now has the best J class between KUL and PER for a competitive price.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davistev
Same story here- A330 to 737 J class downgrade. Not happy - this airline needs to die a quick death. No more of my money is going their way.

Malindo Air now has the best J class between KUL and PER for a competitive price.
Yes, Malindo have a good product but also have a dreadful record as far as flight cancellations/delay's, etc etc.

If I had faith in them, I would have been flying them more regularly than I do with Air Asia or MH.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tropikey
J on the 737-800 is not bad. The seats are comfortable for a 5 hour flight and it comes with the IFE and a decent choice of movies/TV Series.

It is not a flat bed but it's a 5 hour flight only so it should not be a problem.

Have done 5 hour flights to Delhi on the 737 in J Class and also flown back on 330's with the previous generation of J Class seats and to be honest, the J on the 737 is not a bad product at all.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by wolf72
J on the 737-800 is not bad. The seats are comfortable for a 5 hour flight and it comes with the IFE and a decent choice of movies/TV Series.

It is not a flat bed but it's a 5 hour flight only so it should not be a problem.
...except that the PER-KUL sector is a redeye
asheby likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by wolf72
You could sit on row 14C and your wife and kids one row across on 15D/E/F so you can see each other as a solution? If those seats are still available.
Yes, that could be done still except I paid a seat upgrade fee which they won't refund (until after I have flown, but we know that won't happen) so I have to pay a AU$50 for an exit row U/G plus 2 x seat upgrades for my wife and child.

The problem I have with this though is I payed for tickets @ 32" and they are supplying a downgraded product, forcing me to pay extra to be comfortable. If I had have known this at the time of booking, I would have gone to Malindo. It's disputed with my bank now, after describing it to them, they called it a 'goods not as described' issue.

I sit on the emergency seats all the time with all my 737 flights as I need the space for my legs. I get cramps anyways with the current 737 30 inch pitch on 2 hour flights so i need to regularly get up and stretch.
This is what I do too.

@tropikey, sorry, yes it was for economy. I couldn't offer my opinion on the business seat comparisons between the two aircraft as I haven't used them, Seatguru indicates the A330's has flat beds vs 737's recliners, massive downgrade on the 2am Per>Kul horror flight.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
So after almost 50 days exchanging endless emails with MH reservations and spending hours and hours calling their customer service, they told me today that "high management" refused to approve the refund as the KUL-PER schedule change is only 20 min.

Seriously, i will never touch MH ever again after this flight. It's just too exhausting (>50 days for such a simple request) to deal with this airline, it's crap.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by newflyer530
So after almost 50 days exchanging endless emails with MH reservations and spending hours and hours calling their customer service, they told me today that "high management" refused to approve the refund as the KUL-PER schedule change is only 20 min.

Seriously, i will never touch MH ever again after this flight. It's just too exhausting (>50 days for such a simple request) to deal with this airline, it's crap.
Exactly the same situation as me, it's incredibly frustrating dealing with this airline.

I did however, finally get my money back yesterday, or should I say a refund processed -

"Thank you for your correspondence with Malaysia Airlines and we sincerely apologise for the delay in our response.

Please be advised that full refund has been authorized and processed dated 2nd October 2017, as this should be reflecting in the account three weeks to three months from date."

3 weeks to 3 months to get the money back is laughable but at least they finally came around. I've booked with a competitor of theirs now hehe.

Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:00 am

a victim of this aircraft change as well for my flight back in Sept. Couldn't really cancel as I'm travelling in a group, too much trouble to book for another flight as I'm arriving KLIA with MH as well.

So after numerous email exchanges, they said they will give us 3000 enrich miles each for the inconvenience caused, but up until today I've not seen it credited into my account yet.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:01 am

Quick follow up, I've received the refund so credit to MAS is due there.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
So I took the MH 127 Perth flight a couple of days ago.

They op-up'ed quite a few folks (I counted at least 5 out of the 16 fully occupied C seats on the B738), service was ok if not mediocre, food was nothing to write home about as I didn't have any expectation of MH. Entertainment was miserable. While the recliner seat is comfortable for a short 2-3 hour flight, it became extremely uncomfortable into the 4th hour of the flight - wasn't able to find a comfortable position. The newer Silkair B738 birds have new generation seats which have better leg support than these older seats on MH.

So all in all, with the horrible experience dealing with MH reservations and the mediocre flight, this is it MH, i gave it a chance but i was wrong, so no more $$$ from me. Was just looking at a singapore-shanghai run in C class, MH happened to be the cheapest again, but i'd rather pay double the price and go with SQ to save myself some troubles.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Malaysia Airlines - what have you done? I originally bought A330 business class tickets with a lie flat bed for the night flight to Perth. I got a regional 737 with recliner a seat. This was not what I paid for - simple. If I wanted a regional 737 I would have flown Malindo Air for half the price I paid on MH. Other passengers on last nights flight were livid as many had just transferred off the A380 London service and were not expecting to have to sit up all night for the last 5 hours of their trip. Oh yeah - their lounge in KUL is already trashed and falling apart. Substandard all around.

In a case like this, it is best to voice a review and vote with our wallet and fly another airline.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA BD OK SQ KLM
There is very little point in making a complaint to Malaysia Airlines about anything; no-one will acknowledge your message for days, you will never get any satisfaction, the concept of reasonableness does not exist in their customer service department and no-one seems able to resolve an issue. Their Facebook page is strewn with desperate pleas for help from frustrated passengers who are at their wits' ends trying to sort out the simplest of problems that any other airline would deal with in a few minutes. If you fly with them, be prepared to accept that things will go wrong and there will be no redress. Alternatively, fly with another company.
cowie likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:38 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

20 years ago, people actually found these recliners to be very comfortable for long-haul flights... oh how spoilt we are

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.