MH aircraft change KUL - PER

Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This thread is good reinforcement to NEVER book on this airline. One would think that would be bad for business if many made such a decision.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:06 pm

I am not clear, do other airlines really compensate when an airplane switch occurs?
Id thought the argument is that the ticket is for transportation from A to B, and not a specific airplane?
Granted, lie flat vs a 737 lounge chair would be annoying on a 5.5hr flight, but is there something other airlines will take into consideration?

Last edited by crackjack; Dec 26, 2017 at 3:14 pm
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Seems like MH's policy will be to issue a refund if you make enough noise on this (I asked CS about this - but never followed up with the refund as I needed the TP and to get to PER and alternate flights could not compete with the RM2200 I paid for J return

FWIW, the overnight on the 737 was not as bad as I feared as I was psyching myself up for a horrible overnight flight! But then again, I used to be able to sleep in Y on overnight flights
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ermen
Seems like MH's policy will be to issue a refund if you make enough noise on this (I asked CS about this - but never followed up with the refund as I needed the TP and to get to PER and alternate flights could not compete with the RM2200 I paid for J return

FWIW, the overnight on the 737 was not as bad as I feared as I was psyching myself up for a horrible overnight flight! But then again, I used to be able to sleep in Y on overnight flights
MAS 'customer services' that is a oxymoron if ever I heard one.

True, I paid RM 2400 for a return J which even for the 737 is cheap. However, I booked a A330 with flatbeds which was even stated upon their website and its not what I was promised. I was on the MH127 on the 18/1 and to be honest it was awful. A small seat which was broken as it kept reclining without asking it to, apologies to the person in 2C. This is nearly a 6 hour flight and to provide this 'heap of dung' on this length of flight shows the contempt that MAS management hold its customers in, along with them shutting both lounges at the same time in the satellite terminal, they just don't care.

I am really not looking forward to the 02.00 departure back to KUL, I have 2 more MAS flights booked after this one and in future I will seriously consider my options about which airline I connect onto during my trips into Australasia as I have plenty of options from LHR.
I do have a KUL-BKI on Malindo booked in March and I look forward to doing a comparison.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
This thread is good reinforcement to NEVER book on this airline. One would think that would be bad for business if many made such a decision.
mate, I once booked an A350 flight on Cathay that got subbed to a regional 777-200 with the abysmal regional product (worse than a recliner I'd say) on a 6 hour flight. Tried to change to a later flight with the long-haul configuration but wasn't allowed by the ground 'services' manager. And it wasn't even cheap.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:32 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by crackjack
I am not clear, do other airlines really compensate when an airplane switch occurs?
Id thought the argument is that the ticket is for transportation from A to B, and not a specific airplane?
Granted, lie flat vs a 737 lounge chair would be annoying on a 5.5hr flight, but is there something other airlines will take into consideration?
no, i tried.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by crackjack
I was booked on this flight when it was originally an A330, I complained and eventually got my money back.

My counter argument to the A-B transport is I purchased that transport based on a service I was offered. ie, xxKG's luggage, inflight entertainment, meal service & a type of seat. If I was to purchase purely A-B transportation, then the airline can freely withdraw any of these services so I might as well buy the cheapest A-B transport on that route.

Of course, if they had to switch aircraft due to issues with the assigned aircraft and any of these services weren't available, then OK but if they switch aircraft on a permanent basis like they have here, then that's not acceptable for passengers who have already purchased tickets on that flight.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:42 pm

Thinking about this again per your response, I would agree that the kg limit for luggage is part of the promised service (either specified on the ticket / invoice to you or part of the allowances published on an airlines page at time of purchase of ticket and confirmed in an airlines T&Cs), but specifically on seats / layout, I have never seen any promise on a ticket as to airplane type / seating / pitch?

Well, look like it worked out in your favour after your following up with MH, again, I am glad to learn otherwise, but I was under the impression the ticket only guaranteed the transport from A->B, in-line with the T&Cs of the tickets themselves (which should be aligned with relevant regs).

​I have had the same be done to me on SQ (or was it 9W?) for a trip between India and Singapore a number of years ago, and had thought the best one could hope for was a few thousand miles in such cases as an appeasement. If theres industry practice to the contrary, I am definitely interested to have that as a point of reference for similar issues in the future.

Last edited by crackjack; Feb 19, 2018 at 10:17 pm
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
A350 from Narita has become A330 in conjunction with 11/11. How they can manage a huge fleet of 5 is beyond me!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.