Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH website now allows edits to seat assignments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM

With the enhancement of the MH website I am now able to modify my seat assignments. In the past if I didn’t select seats at the time of reservation you had to call.

From the desktop version main MH page click Manage, then when your reservation comes up, scroll down to service details, click “additional services” then a page opens where you can click either seats or meals. Clicking seats brings up the seat maps which you can edit - at least I could on upcoming October business class flights HKT/KUL/KTM and return. After making the change I got an automatic email with the new seats listed on my reservation.

Of course the IOS app doesn't work properly and can't even find my reservation.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by dmf_singapore

Of course the IOS app doesn't work properly and can't even find my reservation.

Is that IOS app a preexisting one that was already on your phone/ipad before the system upgrade? The old one wouldnt be able to add/locate new bookings - you may need to install (not merely "update") the new MH app and use that.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM
Thanks for the suggestion. I was indeed using the old app. The new one also allows seat selection.

Last edited by dmf_singapore; Jul 18, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Interesting that it is a new feature. I booked my first MH flight last month, and whenever I have needed to look up my seat assignment-- basically trying to score a seat on the JAL metal segment-- the system sends me an email telling me that my seat assignment has been adjusted.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:08 pm

To be honest I don't care too much about editing seating. Instead bring back the more commonly used features - like ability to edit origin, destination, outbound and inbound dates during booking searches. It's stupid that they migrated to a new search engine that's a one step back in terms of the most convenient features.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
To be honest I don't care too much about editing seating. Instead bring back the more commonly used features - like ability to edit origin, destination, outbound and inbound dates during booking searches. It's stupid that they migrated to a new search engine that's a one step back in terms of the most convenient features.
Agreed. It's irritating this feature is missing.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
I don't think you can even log in anymore to your account to view previous flights or coming flights and to change your flight date or even departure times and to make payment online.

I hope I am wrong but it appears this was just a migration to a new system but the actual set up remains outdated. Unlike say, Air Asia where you can do all this and more. Including choosing/buying meals, etc.

I wonder if the management actually care about the airline and actually want the business to succeed sometimes. They have had 2 years to study the competition and to plan for this system upgrade.

Now you can't even edit your search.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
How does MH auto allocate seats? I just logged in to a flight departing in two days so check in was open, and found the system placed me in row 28. Most of the plane was empty and I managed to move all the way forward to row 7! Is there any pattern to allocations or is it random?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
How does MH auto allocate seats? I just logged in to a flight departing in two days so check in was open, and found the system placed me in row 28. Most of the plane was empty and I managed to move all the way forward to row 7! Is there any pattern to allocations or is it random?
As an MH Plat, I tend to get allocated bulkhead, front-row seats in Y. Not sure if similar rules apply to other oneworld status holders.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
HI,

Have just booked my first ever MH flights. Domestic, "el cheapo" ticket from KUL to KBR and back. We are a party of 3 w/ oneworld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby statuses respectively, from AY.

When trying to select seats in advance, the booking system wants to charge me for it. Is that correct? With most oneworld airlines I've flown with, they'd allow free seat selection for top tier frequent flyers.

Thanks for the clarification!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: MH Gold / OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
HI,

Have just booked my first ever MH flights. Domestic, "el cheapo" ticket from KUL to KBR and back. We are a party of 3 w/ oneworld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby statuses respectively, from AY.

When trying to select seats in advance, the booking system wants to charge me for it. Is that correct? With most oneworld airlines I've flown with, they'd allow free seat selection for top tier frequent flyers.

Thanks for the clarification!
In theory, it should be possible to select a standard seat for free for the Emerald passenger only (https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/...-spot.html#010).

The new booking system still has some kinks though, so it may require a phone call to sort out if it's insisting on payment.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: EK Silver
I was able to select the seats for free recently for Ruby (Enrich Silver), but oddly only for the 2 outgoing sectors, the return sectors was shown as chargeable, even though there were all the same booking class (!).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: MH Gold / OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by nedelk
I was able to select the seats for free recently for Ruby (Enrich Silver), but oddly only for the 2 outgoing sectors, the return sectors was shown as chargeable, even though there were all the same booking class (!).
I've also experienced some odd inconsistencies. Some friends of mine (no status) booked a direct MH flight from SIN to KCH a few days ago, and were able to select emergency exit seats for free... I guess luck counts for more than status. ;-)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
seems working well except that it places partially flown itineraries in "past" flights!
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:23 am

Is it problems with the seat change? I can not find it on the website, under additional service etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.