Search

FQTV & FQTS. Possible but don't do it.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
FQTV & FQTS. Possible but don't do it.

I had an award ticket connecting to a revenue ticket at KUL.

As my revenue ticket is booked originally with my no status Enrich number, when doing OLCI I switched to my AA Plat card instead. The res system however seemed to have put both numbers on.

When checking in at BKI, the agent could print both boarding passes but could not thru check the bag thru to PEN. She called her Supervisor who tried and couldn't. Both said that I must pick up bag at KUL and then recheck to final destination. I didn't really have enough time knowing how wonderfully slow baggage can be at KLIA even with priority tags.

Another agent joined and she immediately could see the problem. The two FQTVs in the one reservation was causing the booking to reject thru check in. Once she removed one number, the baggage tag printed thru to final destination.

So just FYI.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I had an award ticket connecting to a revenue ticket at KUL.

As my revenue ticket is booked originally with my no status Enrich number, when doing OLCI I switched to my AA Plat card instead. The res system however seemed to have put both numbers on.

When checking in at BKI, the agent could print both boarding passes but could not thru check the bag thru to PEN. She called her Supervisor who tried and couldn't. Both said that I must pick up bag at KUL and then recheck to final destination. I didn't really have enough time knowing how wonderfully slow baggage can be at KLIA even with priority tags.

Another agent joined and she immediately could see the problem. The two FQTVs in the one reservation was causing the booking to reject thru check in. Once she removed one number, the baggage tag printed thru to final destination.

So just FYI.
There's another thread here somewhere detailing a number of problems with trying to do the FQTV/FQTS trick--definitely great advice NOT to do it as it will cause more problems than it will solve.

I used to try to change numbers at various points and have since resigned myself to earning a reluctant third oneworld elite status on my MH flights. The good news is that even the Changi lounge which is contracted (SATS) accepts an alternative oneworld elite card to the one that's printed on the boarding pass (so basically you can get most/all benefits without having to change the number in the system).
Old May 3, 2017, 9:47 pm

Just a side note: The field is called FQTR within MH - Enrich redemptions get the number appended here. Alongside FQTR and FQTV - FQTU is also used, primarily for the bid upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.