Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Airline - Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Question regarding the Ultimate Flexibility option advertised on MH website. Can someone clarify what RBD stands for ?

My parents were booked on MH 144 / MH 180 on 30th March but MH 180 was cancelled due to Indian govt. travel restriction.
They called MH today and was told fare difference will not be applicable ONLY if they change their flight to within +/- 7 days from the original travel date.
Dad tried to re-book outbound travel to late April but was advised a fare difference of $540 pp will apply. However when I check the website it states fare difference for first re booking is waived.
Was the agent incorrect in this instance ?

Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: Enrich
The RBD should be the reservation booking designator. I believe what it means is if you book on "economy smart" and there is a fare difference in "economy smart", then it will be waived. However, if you book on "economy promo" then it had to be rebook into "economy smart", then the waiver of fee difference will not be applied. The only unsure if you are rebook from V class into another group of K/M/L/V class that is other than V class, will you get the waiver?This thing getting complicated these days as there are too many booking class type in economy class...
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
I called MH again and explained the situation. I was told that the previous agent was incorrect with the +/- 7 day statement.
The booking was in O class and there was an O class available in late April, returning mid August (which is way outside the +/- 7 day window) and she said the fare difference will be waived for the first re-booking which in this case was the first one and therefore a new ticket has been re-issued for the dates my parents wanted and that was a great outcome.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I have a booking BKK-xKUL-SIN return with travel commencing in June, Z class.

Under current Singapore rules I cannot enter Singapore, so on that alone, I qualify for the MH COVID-19 Travel booking and Refund Policy.

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/...trictions.html

I note it has changed since gambda 's screen shot, in the column for "Refunds & others" where it now reads:
Cancellation and service fees are waived for partially used and totally unused tickets, applicable for refundable and non-refundable tickets.
Does this mean I am now able to get a full refund?

Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Not sure. It says the cancellation fees are waived. Not that the booking now becomes refundable. Just my feeling knowing a bit how MH operates.
If you want to be sure you should call MH, select Malay as language so as to be connected to the KL call center where actual decisions can be made.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thankyou, the fare is ostensibly 'non refundable', but can be for USD50 if "DUE TO VISA REJECTION", so there is some light.

I submitted my request ny way of the form (selecting other).

I will not be able to use this ticket as I am impacted by the travel restriction of two countries.

-Singapore will not permit me entry.
-Australia will not permit me to depart.

As per your published policy on your "Coronavirus Entry restrictions" web page;

"Cancellation and service fees are waived for partially used and totally unused tickets, applicable for refundable and non-refundable tickets.";

please cancel this booking and provide a full refund.

Thankyou for your assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.