Search

Economy seat selection?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Economy seat selection?

Hi everyone,

I am flying with MH from LHR to Kl in economy. The ticket was purchased via an agency. I am oneworld emerald, therefore the call centre reserved two seats upstairs. What seats would you recommend in economy?

Also, I booked another flight online with them but it didn't give me the option to reserve seats. I called the call centre and was told that I would be charged to select seats but isn't it free if one is emerald? Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Ever tried searching?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...out-check.html

...and many more threads about this issue.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

I did but it doesn't answer my question. During online check in it didn't allow me to select seats and now the agent, despite status, wants to charge me to do so. Selecting seats online from manage my booking doesn't work.

Assuming that people don't search before opening a new thread is such a childish unhelpful behaviour, let me point that out for you.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by umbyboy
I did but it doesn't answer my question. During online check in it didn't allow me to select seats and now the agent, despite status, wants to charge me to do so. Selecting seats online from manage my booking doesn't work.

Assuming that people don't search before opening a new thread is such a childish unhelpful behaviour, let me point that out for you.
Well you did not mention that that you checked in online and it did not allow you to select seats. In this case what seat is printed on your boarding pass?

Also you keep saying "despite having status". How is that relevant if MH does not have a policy of providing complimentary ASR for elite status holders?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Well you did not mention that that you checked in online and it did not allow you to select seats. In this case what seat is printed on your boarding pass?

Also you keep saying "despite having status". How is that relevant if MH does not have a policy of providing complimentary ASR for elite status holders?
Well, that was exactly my question. Isn't this one of oneworld benefits that every member should offer?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by umbyboy
Well, that was exactly my question. Isn't this one of oneworld benefits that every member should offer?
*In accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld airline operating the flight.

MH policy is no free seat selection before online check in and complimentary seat selction for everyone at OLCI.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
If the Economy ticket was booked directly with MH, seat selection is chargeable. You can wait till OLCI to freely select seats.

If the Economy ticket was booked with an OTA, seat selection is free by calling MH hotline or requesting through the OTA. You can also wait till OLCI to freely select seats.

Emergency exit row seats can only be requested freely during counter check-in.

Unfortunately this is regardless of status with MH or Oneworld.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
*In accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld airline operating the flight.

MH policy is no free seat selection before online check in and complimentary seat selction for everyone at OLCI.
Sorry, this is wrong.

If you booked your ticket through a travel agency, you can request any seat (except emergency) via their CRS irrespective of any airline status. ie anyone can get a seat request.

If you booked through MH's website however, the is not free seating even for their own elite card holders. Yeah its a stupid policy, but their website fares are usually cheaper than OTAs.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Guys I really appreciate the clarification, I thought that status allowed me to book a free seat. It did not allow me to select a seat when I booked online nonetheless. I guess I will survive for a less than 2h flight.

As per free seat selection when booking through the OTA, I can confirm that. Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
I guess we all have different experiences. I'm a OW Sapphire and I purchased a ticket on MH's web site. During checkout, I was allowed to purchase seat assignements (for a price), but I declined. Later I just called the MH call center and the agent assigned my seats free of charge. They told me exit row seats can only be assigned at the airport on check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.