Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

New business class on MH A330 from April 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TGflyergirl
MH Business Class Schedule

Refurbished aircraft

9M-MTA
9M-MTB
9M-MTC
9M-MTD
9M-MTE
9M-MTF
9M-MTG
9M-MTH
9M-MTI
9M-MTJ
9M-MTL
9M-MTO
9M-MTM
9M-MTN
9M-MTK

The entire refurbishment exercise is now complete

Layout and seat block: (Link)

Seat: 44" / 112 cm pitch upright, 76" / 193 cm lie flat.
Print Wikipost

New business class on MH A330 from April 2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:41 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ephlong

I wrote a comprehensive review on the ex AB A332, can check it out here : https://www.plumpflyer.com/my-blog/f...lines-a330-200
Thanks for sharing the review Ephlong! The refurbishment looks brilliant, and definitely better than the Air Berlin-esque interior it replaced. The pre-refurb gold trimmings look rather distasteful in my opinion. The colour scheme reminds me of Iberia or Air France though for some reason.
Ephlong likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Hi. Any update on the IFE on the A330-200 ex Air Berlin?
My KUL-AKL flight last month had all the movies, tv series etc loaded
poopbunny likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Thanks for sharing the review Ephlong! The refurbishment looks brilliant, and definitely better than the Air Berlin-esque interior it replaced. The pre-refurb gold trimmings look rather distasteful in my opinion. The colour scheme reminds me of Iberia or Air France though for some reason.
There seems to be two versions of the leased 332 in MH’s fleet - with different J seats and a slightly different layout in both J and Y. MH did not do much refurbishments - the blog seems to have compared the two different versions and had assumed they were pre and post refurb.

I know that one version has a smaller galley/ chiller facilities and hence could not facilitate a second hotmeal service.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:04 pm

- MTU and -MTV, for instance, have that older version of J seats - the ones with that odd-looking round UFO-like thingy at the top corner which houses the individual reading light and seat number. I think these are the ones with the smaller galley/chiller facility and do not get deployed to, say, AKL but tends to do the DAC runs and the occasional BKK.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zawnet

There seems to be two versions of the leased 332 in MH’s fleet - with different J seats and a slightly different layout in both J and Y.
The difference is pretty critical though: on one set - the window seats on the right hand side are 2H/3K/4H/5K... on another set it's 2K/3H/4K/5H...
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
The difference is pretty critical though: on one set - the window seats on the right hand side are 2H/3K/4H/5K... on another set it's 2K/3H/4K/5H...
-MTU and -MTV I believe have the 2K/3H/4K/5H “window” seat layout (although these are really “window-side” seats as 2K and 4K are the only ones with the windows actually located next to the seat.)

it is a rather inefficient layout as there are acres of unused space in front and immediately next to seat 2K...you could lay a mat and have a picnic there for 2-3 people.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:18 pm

There seems to be two versions of the leased 332 in MH’s fleet - with different J seats and a slightly different layout in both J and Y. MH did not do much refurbishments - the blog seems to have compared the two different versions and had assumed they were pre and post refurb.

I know that one version has a smaller galley/ chiller facilities and hence could not facilitate a second hotmeal service.
- MTU and -MTV, for instance, have that older version of J seats - the ones with that odd-looking round UFO-like thingy at the top corner which houses the individual reading light and seat number. I think these are the ones with the smaller galley/chiller facility and do not get deployed to, say, AKL but tends to do the DAC runs and the occasional BKK.
That's good to know.

Sure enough, a google search of "new Air Berlin business class" shows the new seats.

I wished they actually refurbished the cabins a la VS style, but I would suppose that is asking to much of an airline.

In spite of that, thanks Ephlong for sharing that informative and descriptive report of the "new" MH seat
Ephlong likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: Programless

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl

-MTU and -MTV I believe have the 2K/3H/4K/5H “window” seat layout (although these are really “window-side” seats as 2K and 4K are the only ones with the windows actually located next to the seat.)

it is a rather inefficient layout as there are acres of unused space in front and immediately next to seat 2K...you could lay a mat and have a picnic there for 2-3 people.
thank you all for the information. I will update accordingly on my blog and credit you guys!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I notice that MH has been using a white 777-300 on the AKL route. I think this is an old EK bird and flies for someone called Flight Global - I noticed some of their 777-200s parked at KUL some months ago.. Anyone experienced this? I think it is also doing BKK in between.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:15 am

I think this was just a data error on flightradar. It is the leased 332 fleet that is doing the AKL runs
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Ephlong
thank you all for the information. I will update accordingly on my blog and credit you guys!
Psst...that first photo on that particular blog; that's really a -300 and not a -200 as labeled.
Ephlong likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Are you sure Zawnet? I can see this evening's MH130 flown by 9M-FSL, a white tailed 777-300 of flyGlobal (I thought they were a Haj/Umrah operator). Seems to alternate with 9M-MTX.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Are you sure Zawnet? I can see this evening's MH130 flown by 9M-FSL, a white tailed 777-300 of flyGlobal (I thought they were a Haj/Umrah operator). Seems to alternate with 9M-MTX.
you meant you were at AKL and saw the physical plane operating MH130?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Thought flyglobal have leasing arrangement with Biman only atm for kul-dac? ofcourse given how connected they seem it could have changed (along with the fact that no new workers are being recruited from Dac).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:17 am

I've always though the white 777s in KUL operate for some Arab airline given the Arab text on the plane. I couldn't quite make out the name, but I think it was Nassim air or something that starts with an n or m.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.