Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Seeking Advice On DealingWiith Malaysia Airlines For Compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:12 am
Original Poster

I've hit a brickwall with MAS customer service thus hoping I can find some useful advice here in FT.

I took a business trip to TPE from CGK in first week of August. On the day of return from TPE, a typhoon caused my flight to be cancelled and I called MAS call centre in KL to rebook my flights for the following day and the agent confirmed all is ok.

Upon reaching TPE airport, the check in agent said my name is not on the TPE-KUL sector but I'm on the KUL-CGK sector. I reconfirmed that with the station manager and he told me all he can do is put me on standby for an empty seat. While on standby I called MAS customer service again to seek their assistance on getting me on the flight but they said nothing can be done from their side as airport control was already in effect. They did acknowledge that it wasn't their fault and I should make an official complaint after my trip is over.

Needless to say there wasn't an empty seat available so I have to spend a night on my own dime before catching the next available flight.

Upon returning to CGK, I fired off an email together with my hotel receipt to MAS customer service. After waiting for 3 weeks and getting no reply, I fwd the email this time to their Enrich membership and they replied saying they've forwarded my case to customer care for their response.

Till today, I've received nothing back from MAS even though I've tried calling their Jakarta office as well.

Short of getting myself down to their KUL office, is there any other buttons that I can push to get this resolved? Or I should just give it up?

Many thanks in advance
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Only suggestion I have is to call them, ask for fax number or advice on appropriate email address of an individual you can send claim to or some such thing. MH is most definitely NOT an organisation that responds well to emails.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
I've been through a similar issue with trying to get anyone to respond at MH. Everything failed. Calls to Cust Care - all they would do is give me an email address. Email after email, never received a response. Walked into their office in KL Sentral, all they could do was give me the same email addresses. More calls, more email addresses, still no response. I've given up any hope of ever getting anyone in MH to respond. Sorry for the gloomy response but it appears to be a ploy with anything related to compensation.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the kind responses. Seems that my chances are as good as none. I'll give it another go for a month or so. Will report back if there's a breakthrough!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Claim the expenses on your travel insurance. Let them fight it out with MH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.