Search

Four Seasons Will Manage Grand Hotel Cap Ferrat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Four Seasons Will Manage Grand Hotel Cap Ferrat

As of May 8 - just a few weeks away.

Quite a coup for FS I think - with Eden Roc at Oetker, this is the other grand dame. Hope the magic of the place will remain though.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Wow .....

Times have changed there. Wasn't it only about 5 years ago they started taking credit cards?!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is huge.

I seem to remember a time when they were featured in a Visa card add for not accepting AmEx, and earlier the policy was no credit cards, but I think that was more than five years ago.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:42 am

I did not like our stay at the Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat but this is still a good news for FS.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Good news for Four Seasons. I have my problems with Frensh or mainland Italian beach Resorts as I always have the impression they are overpriced.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
Good news for Four Seasons. I have my problems with Frensh or mainland Italian beach Resorts as I always have the impression they are overpriced.
Thats because they are
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:02 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Here's the Press Release:
http://press.fourseasons.com/news-re...MalizbgLWRY%3D

Access Industries, a privately held industrial group, is pleased to announce that the iconic Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat will be managed by Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world leader in luxury hospitality and service, as of May 8, 2015.

For more than 100 years, the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat has been a gleaming white palace escape, set amid a secluded garden oasis in the heart of one of the world’s most glamorous destinations. The hotel has played host to world leaders, monarchs and artists from around the globe. Recognised by the industry with awards for leadership in luxury and service, Four Seasons intends to honour the hotel’s enduring legacy by continuing to deliver understated elegance and quality combined with Four Seasons signature customised service.

“The iconic Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat is synonymous with the sophisticated elegance of the French Riviera sought out by discerning travellers since the late 18th century,” said Jonah Sonnenborn, Head of Real Estate, Access Industries. "Four Seasons was the natural choice when selecting a management company that shared our commitment for preserving the unparalleled elegance of the property while delivering unrivalled service and luxury.”

“France is one of the most visited countries in the world, and the opportunity to expand our footprint in this market with another iconic property in addition to Four Seasons Hotel George V in Paris is wonderful news for our brand and for guests who have long waited for a Four Seasons experience on the Côte d’Azur,” said Allen Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. “We share a passion for luxury and setting standards for service excellence and we look forward to being part of the next chapter in the history of this palace, and to welcoming guests this spring at the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel.”

The hotel is uniquely positioned on the French Riviera. It sits on the tranquil peninsula of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, spread across 7 hectares (17 acres) surrounded by gardens lush with lavender and citrus trees. The property has funicular access to the seafront and panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea. These and many other unique attributes distinguish the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel, from other luxury properties in the region.

The hotel embodies French elegance in combination with modern design elements and luxuriously appointed rooms designed by Pierre-Yves Rochon, the celebrated designer also behind Four Seasons Hotel George V. The accommodations also include sumptuous suites, some with a private terrace and infinity pool for the ultimate in comfort and luxury.

Guests can dine at one of three world-class restaurants, including the legendary Club Dauphin serving up a regionally-inspired menu in a casual setting by the heated seawater pool overlooking the Mediterranean. For relaxation and luxurious pampering, guests can visit the exclusive spa, which includes 8 treatment rooms, a gym, indoor pool, sauna, steam rooms and much more.

Situated at the edge of the Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat peninsula overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel, offers guests an oasis set amid the lush landscape of the Côte d’Azur with easy access to Nice, Cannes, Monaco and other famed destinations along the French Riviera. Located less than 15 kilometres (9.3 miles) from the international airport in Nice, the hotel is easily accessible to travellers from around the world looking to experience the best of the Côte d’Azur while surrounded by legendary Four Seasons luxury and customised service.

About Access Industries

Founded in 1986 by Len Blavatnik, an American entrepreneur and philanthropist, Access Industries is a privately held industrial group with strategic investments in the United States, Europe and South America. With corporate offices in New York, London and Moscow, their holdings include a number of market-leading companies in the Natural Resources and Chemicals, Media and Telecommunications and Real Estate sectors.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

building relationship with owner? owner acquired hotel in early 2007
http://www.theguardian.com/business/.../france.russia

Originally Posted by Raffles
Wasn't it only about 5 years ago they started taking credit cards?!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I seem to remember a time when they were featured in a Visa card add for not accepting AmEx, and earlier the policy was no credit cards, but I think that was more than five years ago.
thats Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc, thread is about Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat

Originally Posted by RivieraTraveler
Quite a coup for FS I think - with Eden Roc at Oetker, this is the other grand dame.
Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc - dec 2011 >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so oetker replaced Jean-Claude Irondelle as manager of hotel du cap eden roc because they accused him of embezzling. (and started accepting credit cards for the same reason.) is this only coming out now? it took 5 years to get an indictment..

now >
http://www.la-croix.com/Actualite/S-...1-12-20-748828
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-taxman.html

ah, 2010 >
http://www.purepeople.com/article/ed...eries_a58970/1
http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/06/29...f-embezzlement

odd this only seems to mention some kind of zoning fine in 2005
http://cesam-06.pagesperso-orange.fr...evuePresse.htm

Last edited by IBobi; Apr 23, 2015 at 1:54 pm
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:13 am

I love it. It's a beautiful hotel, but I hope they are able to instill the Four Seasons DNA rather quickly. I will definitely wait another year or so before I stay. Some of the staff was very French in attitude.
It has the potential to become very special under FS management.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:15 am
BLV

Would that mean that current GM stays or?

I was supposed to stay there a week after May 8th, but let's just say things didn't workout during the reservation process. Looking forward to returning, however.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes it was Eden Roc that didn't accept credit cards. I'm fairly sure this hotel always did, at least back in the 90's. I used to live near there and while I've not been a hotel guest I have popped over for drinks and paid with plastic. However that plastic might have been a French Carte Bleue.

Anyhow, good for FS. I hope they can make this into a great destination hotel again.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
This is great news. We're aiming for a visit in summer of 2016 so we will be watching this closely.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:24 am
BLV

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes it was Eden Roc that didn't accept credit cards. I'm fairly sure this hotel always did, at least back in the 90's. I used to live near there and while I've not been a hotel guest I have popped over for drinks and paid with plastic. However that plastic might have been a French Carte Bleue.

Anyhow, good for FS. I hope they can make this into a great destination hotel again.
As a hotel guest in 2013 & 2014 I can confirm that GHdCF does take credit cards. And while I haven't stayed at Eden Roc I was there for lunch and certainly didn't pay with cash.

Regarding Four Seasons taking over, I tend to agree with a (non FT) fellow luxury hotel junkie who said that "it loses the air of exclusivity".
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Oetker Group, in 2006 and they immediately filed a complaint against [GM] Irondelle...Prosecutors believe he ‘misappropriated’ 740,000 euros between 2003 and 2006...The Eden Roc began taking credit cards...in 2005
i think that was around when oetker launched/relaunched "hotel collection" brand

http://www.fourseasons.com/newopenings/#capferrat

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 24, 2015 at 8:52 am
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:32 am

FS will announce a new GM soon. Interesting that the refurbishment, done around 5 years ago, was by FS favourite, Pierre Yves Rochon - there are a lot of unseen connections here.

This is a fantastic property now, especially the new pool suites in the annexe - stunning. Let's hope FS will be the icing on the cake - it will really depend upon the GM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.