Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman Poll and Questions 2010 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by holiosan
We're in Amanpuri this Dec and thinking about Amangani for a visit this winter.
We've heard they're some distance from the JH ski area and are wondering if anyone has found it easy transport or difficult and should we consider 4 Seasons or Terra at the mountain?
Noone else has replied...I was at Amangani this spring and we drove over to Four Seasons at JH. It's ~15-20? minutes drive under optimal conditions. Amangani is at the top of a spectacular butte, 4s is slopeside.

Amangani is a wonderful place, but if ski in/out is a factor, 4s will save you 40 minutes a day.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

amanpuri

Any updates on the new pool pavillions at Amanpuri? They are scheduled to be ready for Christmas but not on the website yet.
Also, has anyone seen the plans for the 15 new villas?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

More restaurants now open at Sveti Stefan. In addition to the one restaurant at Villa Milocer which has been open for a while, there are now three more restaurants open as part of phase two.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by paul2
More restaurants now open at Sveti Stefan. In addition to the one restaurant at Villa Milocer which has been open for a while, there are now three more restaurants open as part of phase two.
not for much longer... slow season is starting and are closing two restaurants.

march looks like the deadline for everything to be ready.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by summertime
not for much longer... slow season is starting and are closing two restaurants.

march looks like the deadline for everything to be ready.
I was told that all 4 restaurants will be open this month, not closing until end Sept. Hope so.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:46 am

The opening page of Aman Sveti Stefan shows, among others, a picture of what seems to be a suite in the new part of the project. To me it looks much more in line with the location (rustic med) and definitely better than those of villa milocer. Given the short trip from Milan, I am considering a weekend to explore the place.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Hubertus
Given the short trip from Milan, I am considering a weekend to explore the place.
Please Do let us know all about it esp the island and its contents !!.... if you do decide to visit ...and would especially be interested to know the quickest way to get there ... from milan [ linate or malpensa ?] and timings ..........

so far i have montenegro airlines from zurich ......to both podori..and tivat but thats about it .....

thanks in advance H !
Old Sep 7, 2010, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Please Do let us know all about it esp the island and its contents !!.... if you do decide to visit ...and would especially be interested to know the quickest way to get there ... from milan [ linate or malpensa ?] and timings ..........

so far i have montenegro airlines from zurich ......to both podori..and tivat but thats about it .....

thanks in advance H !
Staying on the island next week. Not too easy to get there as the airlines tend to be JAT or Montenegro Airlines - neither of which my two travel agents would book (not reliable they said). Could not get my head around their websites either. Flying into Dubrovnik instead. It's a longer transfer but hopefully scenic.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:40 am

Latest DLF - Aman

DLF is exploring the possibilities for strategic partnerships in its hospitality venture with Aman Resorts where it holds 97 per cent stake.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/DLF-to...e1-597205.aspx
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
DLF is exploring the possibilities for strategic partnerships in its hospitality venture with Aman Resorts where it holds 97 per cent stake.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/DLF-to...e1-597205.aspx
The 'strategic partnership' is worrying! I wonder if Banyan Tree are still interested.(Sigh)
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by paul2
The 'strategic partnership' is worrying! I wonder if Banyan Tree are still interested.(Sigh)
I do hope not!!!!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by bearbrick

thanks in advance H !
I guess I have been optimistic given that flight connections are not that quick (at least 4 hrs flights plus the drive). I see most flights are from Malpensa, but given that there are no direct flights to that area, I am sure there must be something from Linate via Vienna or Munich). Anyway, it seems that Vuittonsofstyle will be the pioneer...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

paul2 and at least one other person here have stayed at milocer.

vuittonsofstyle has not stayed already as well, at milocer? look forward to hearing how things are coming next week.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Interesting developments at Amangiri :

http://www.luxist.com/2010/09/14/new...-an-interview/
(from The Gallivanters Guide on twitter http://twitter.com/Gallivanters )

New two bedroom tents and villas.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

tented camp. wow. if only it was safari style package.

spa journey back at amangiri
http://www.amanresorts.com/exclusive...&LangType=1033

(single / double)
+$47 / +$270 nov 1-24 / nov 30 > dec 14
+$97 / +$320 dec 15-19 / jan 5 > feb 17 / feb 28 > mar 31

daily >
- full board
- one hour spa treatment
x one hour yoga (free to everyone it seems)
x two one hour guided hikes (free to everyone it seems)

per stay >
- one 30 min flotation treatment

original spa journey >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13591209-post15.html

also noticed >
http://www.amanresorts.com/amangiri/close_at_hand.aspx
For guests who are interested in a more in-depth study of this diverse environment, Amangiri will arrange for expert scientists, geologists and naturalists from the region to be available for tours and lectures.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 10, 2010 at 9:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.