Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unoffical FS Nevis Update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Unoffical FS Nevis Update

For those fans of the FS Nevis, it appears the insurance issues have been resolved as a contractor has finally been hired to repair the hurricane damage at the resort. In this article, the repairs are expected to take 6 to 7 months. So based on that time line, a March or April 2010 reopening looks likely.

I did find these images of the damage right after the storm. Sunshines appears to be gone!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
For those fans of the FS Nevis, it appears the insurance issues have been resolved as a contractor has finally been hired to repair the hurricane damage at the resort. In this article, the repairs are expected to take 6 to 7 months. So based on that time line, a March or April 2010 reopening looks likely.

I did find these images of the damage right after the storm. Sunshines appears to be gone!
Wonder if they will redo or upgrade parts of the resort
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great post. ^

@ some of the pics. hope the residence owners had good insurance.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:16 pm

hopefully there will be a new sunshines
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by r0llerman
hopefully there will be a new sunshines
I've heard a rumor that it is moving down the beach, closer to Chevy's and there will be some sort of development on the land it once was. I was also told that Sunshine's has been destroyed twice by fire and 4 times by storms and it has always managed to come back. ^

I don't know what is planned for the former site, but it is my sincere hope it does nothing to destroy the sleepy charm of Pinney's beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.