Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Punta Mita, Mexico: Four Seasons or St. Regis

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:26 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by sleepro
Please do share your thoughts. I'm very interested in the current status of the room renovations. I'm in the process of planning a return trip in January.
You should be good for Jan.

Was working on this for another client's Spring break and my FSPP friends informed that they are renovating all of the Ocean View and Ocean Front guest rooms. Reno work is happening now and will stop by mid-November as they need all rooms to be available over Thanksgiving week. Earlier this year they opened the Dos Ctarinas Restaurant (since February).

If you need photos of the new room, I might be able to get some. Feel free to DM for any additional info as well.

Cheers!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
You should be good for Jan.

Was working on this for another client's Spring break and my FSPP friends informed that they are renovating all of the Ocean View and Ocean Front guest rooms. Reno work is happening now and will stop by mid-November as they need all rooms to be available over Thanksgiving week. Earlier this year they opened the Dos Ctarinas Restaurant (since February).

If you need photos of the new room, I might be able to get some. Feel free to DM for any additional info as well.

Cheers!
That’s good to know. Thanks!
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:40 pm

Has anyone heard whether the garden view suites have been renovated? One press release I saw said renovations are complete but post above seems to indicate otherwise. Would hate to spend our vacation on a construction site!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:01 pm

Wife and I are heading to FS Punta Mita in Dec. If no one else reports back before then about the rooms, I will.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by britinva79
Has anyone heard whether the garden view suites have been renovated? One press release I saw said renovations are complete but post above seems to indicate otherwise. Would hate to spend our vacation on a construction site!
I'll be there next week but will be in a ocean view casita - I'll report back on whether or not it's been updated.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:15 pm

Hi there! Planning a trip to Punta Mita in mid-December and trying to decide between FS & SR. Would love to hear if the construction is still going on! Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:00 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by marnieflorin
Hi there! Planning a trip to Punta Mita in mid-December and trying to decide between FS & SR. Would love to hear if the construction is still going on! Thanks in advance!
FS should be done by your dates and if it's mid-December then there's still a 4th night free promotion.

Enjoy
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:20 am

Update to provide - just finished a stay here with my partner and we were upgraded from a garden view casita to a premium ocean view suite w/ a private plunge pool. I booked through FHR, not sure if that's why I received the upgrade, or if it's because I have a personal connection with the Four Seasons who emailed the resort ahead of our arrival. It was truly an awesome experience and an awesome resort...we didn't want to leave the resort to do anything at all - it was perfect just relaxing on their wonderful beach and in the swimmable warm ocean (I don't think you can swim at StR?).

Our room was beautifully renovated & the only construction going on is adding a taco bar to the main new (and beautiful) restaurant, Dos Catrinas. It didn't interfere with our relaxing / quietness at the resort. If you find a good rate, I highly recommend booking it. Way better than FS Maui IMO - this is truly a private place to be with your loved one or family.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:25 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by kthpence
Update to provide - just finished a stay here with my partner and we were upgraded from a garden view casita to a premium ocean view suite w/ a private plunge pool. I booked through FHR, not sure if that's why I received the upgrade, or if it's because I have a personal connection with the Four Seasons who emailed the resort ahead of our arrival. It was truly an awesome experience and an awesome resort...we didn't want to leave the resort to do anything at all - it was perfect just relaxing on their wonderful beach and in the swimmable warm ocean (I don't think you can swim at StR?).

Our room was beautifully renovated & the only construction going on is adding a taco bar to the main new (and beautiful) restaurant, Dos Catrinas. It didn't interfere with our relaxing / quietness at the resort. If you find a good rate, I highly recommend booking it. Way better than FS Maui IMO - this is truly a private place to be with your loved one or family.
Thanks for the feedback and great to hear you had a fantastic trip!

Unfortunately, FS Maui doesn't set the bar too high lol.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
<snip>I booked through FHR, not sure if that's why I received the upgrade, or if it's because I have a personal connection with the Four Seasons who emailed the resort ahead of our arrival.
Ummm... I don't think it's rocket science to deduce which of those two possibilities had the greater impact...

Regards
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.

Four Seasons Punta Mita is one of my favorites and I am so happy to hear that you loved it :-) Yes, the beach at FS Punta Mita is much better than the beach at the StR for swimming (StR is shallow and rocky off the beach). However, the StR has the better surf break according to my husband and son :-) I can't wait to go back to experience the FS again, and to see the completed renovations... Dos Catrinas was under construction when we were there last year in October. Thanks for the great update!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:06 am

Glad to hear! Heading there in just over a month. Can't wait.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Glad to hear! Heading there in just over a month. Can't wait.
How did you guys like it? We already booked it again for next October for a great rate $300/night via FHR.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:25 am

How did you guys like it? We already booked it again for next October for a great rate $300/night via FHR.
We head there tomorrow Will report back.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:36 am

Just returned from 4 nights at the Four Seasons. Let me know if you have any questions. Wife and I really loved the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.