Wiki Posts
Search

FS Maui outside dining options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
FS Maui outside dining options

We're traveling to the FS Maui next week for a short 2 night stay and would like to eat outside the resort one of the nights.

Are there any moderately priced, casual restaurants in walking distance from the resort?

We won't have a car and therefore it would be great if we can get there with a short cab ride or by foot.

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Within a reasonable walking distance would be the restaurants at the Shops at Wailea (Longhi's, Cheeseburger, Tommy Bahama):
http://www.shopsatwailea.com/Dining.htm

For upscale dining within walking distance, check out Nick's Fishmarket at the Fairmont Kea Lani. The Fairmont was kind enough to provide us with a complimentary car service back to the Four Seasons. And the Four Seasons, likewise, should provide complimentary shuttle service to nearby restaurants.

Personally though, on such a short stay, I would just dine at DUO for breakfast (included in Virtuoso bookings) and order meals off the pool-side menu for lunch, which wasn't too bad. Anything to maximize your time at the wonderful resort and indulge in the service level there.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
Thanks! I'll keep these suggestions in mind.

On an unrelated note, do you by any chance remember whether they were renting hobie cats at the resort?

The website seems to indicate this but when I received a list of complementary as well as activities that come at a charge - the hobie cat was not listed under "water activities".

We usually like to take one of those beasts out for a spin if the wind conditions are right
Old Jan 14, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: IC Plat RA
Last year we had dinner just up the road at the Diamond Wailea Resort. I cannot remember the name of the specific restaurant, but it was recommended by the FS concierge. It had just a few tables and was on a balcony perfectly positioned to watch the sunset. It was an absolutely wonderful meal and experience.

We also ate at Nick's Fish Market. It was a great meal as well, but we both preferred our experience at the Diamond Wailea.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by jdkohnke
Last year we had dinner just up the road at the Diamond Wailea Resort. I cannot remember the name of the specific restaurant, but it was recommended by the FS concierge. It had just a few tables and was on a balcony perfectly positioned to watch the sunset. It was an absolutely wonderful meal and experience.
That would be Capische, and it is very highly regarded on Maui. Very few tables and very romantic...thus why I went to Nick's with the family instead
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: IC Plat RA
Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
That would be Capische, and it is very highly regarded on Maui. Very few tables and very romantic...thus why I went to Nick's with the family instead
Thanks! I couldn't remember the name!
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
I thought Capische was very pretty in style and food presentation but ridiculously expensive and still Italian in Hawaii which I never find that good. The area has several restaurants near your hotel though. Longhi's, Tommy Bahama's, Cheeseburgers, Joe's. I also like Fred's Mexican Cafe in Kihei (you need to drive there) when I feel like not spending a fortune on dinner. (I also love Mexican food...) ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.