Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Anantara in Phuket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:38 am
Original Poster

New Anantara in Phuket

Has anyone stayed at the new Anantara in Phuket? We are thinking of staying there the first week of December but cant find any reviews since it is new.

Let us know what you think.
thanks
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by cat2020
Has anyone stayed at the new Anantara in Phuket? We are thinking of staying there the first week of December but cant find any reviews since it is new.

Let us know what you think.
thanks
Allegedly, the site was originally offered by the owner to Four Seasons, but they turned it down, and when you go, you can see why, as the neighbouring property JW Marriott (owned by the very same owner) has a bit of a beach problem - not swimmable in my experience and difficult to negotiate even when walking.

Anantara is a four-star brand owned by the Minor Group, who own all the Four Seasons properties in Thailand and a handful of others, including Marriotts. I saw the site at hard-hat stage and it will no doubt be very attractive, as Bill Bensley has designed it, but I would only go if you are on a budget. The location is very out of the way, too.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:17 pm

Programs: Continental, United, AA
FWIW, there are a few fantastic seafood restaurants in that area of Phuket. But generally agree that Anantara is not top-end. At least one notch, perhaps two or three below what exists in Phuket. Try Trisara. It was the best hotel I've ever visited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.