Wiki Posts
Search

$20 for a luxury hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
$20 for a luxury hotel

This might be interesting for you guys on the road right now.

http://www.lhw.com/1928_SIGNUP.aspx?ext=1928
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:42 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Don't waste your time. I'm registered for the promotion and have been logged on for over an hour trying to access the booking page (it started at 8am EST). I've refreshed the page hundreds of times on different browsers and I get nothing but:

Sorry! Due to the overwhelming number of consumers currently trying to access this promotion, your request is being delayed momentarily. Please be patient, don’t get discouraged, and retry in a few seconds by clicking here, or by going back to http://www.lhw.com/1928.

I checked with friends who are trying and they're all getting the same thing. A big to this "promotion."
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:49 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

agree, totally sucks. i wonder if anyone is really able to book anything.

well, at least LHW got a lot of e-mail-addresses for their marketing dept...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

- 1 or 2 rooms available per night at each property
- "overwhelming response" when they knew how many registered.
- "suspended" with 7 minutes left to go.
- "sold out" at scheduled ending time, even though it was suspended 7 minutes earlier, and continues to show "try again" message for many people, even now.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863668
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....53&postcount=4

edit - hmm, looks like potentially good follow up from LHW >

Originally Posted by iahphx
In lieu of the online process, we will be running
an alternative email based sale shortly, as most of the inventory is still unsold.
http://www.lhw.com/Promo1928/EndOfPromotion.htm

Due to the overwhelming number of consumers participating in this promotion, we have indeed experienced technical difficulties. Despite our efforts to carefully manage and prepare for this worldwide promotion, we were unable to meet the demand.

Please accept our sincere apologies. You will be receiving another opportunity to participate in this offer shortly via the email you provided to register for this promotion.

In the meantime, please rest assured that we will not be saving your email address in our database for any future solicitations.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 1, 2008 at 8:57 am
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: Silver Delta, Platinum Marriott, Silver Hilton
I also spent an hour trying, for an upcoming trip to Quebec. They should really invest in some better proofreading -- this message was especially bad:
Due to the overwhelming number of consumers participating in this promotion. We regret to inform you due to technical difficulties beyond our control the 1928 promotion has been suspended indefintely.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

forms are accepted via email tomorrow at noon GMT

Originally Posted by shuly
As a public service: here is the form that was well hidden in the text of the e-mail message:

http://www.lhw.com/LCEmailImages/CMP...il_English.doc

Good luck,

Shuly
not sure if you have to have been pre-registered to have your form submission count.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
I began to think this offer was going to go this way when I received notification of it from moneysavingexpert.com - just about the UK's biggest consumer related forum - a million people or so in the UK were onto this let alone elsewhere

I'd be interested to know who does manage to get to the front of the queue.

Hope it was all fair and above board - I remember the British Airways concordee controversey 10 years ago

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ity-fears.html
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yeah, im sure there are ways of making your email arrive quickly.

but there is an "any dates" option that will probably work well for many FTers.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
...good that I missed the time frame as I was busy working...with the low reputation of Leader's Club I am not really surprised that this promo went in the same direction
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:06 pm

Yeah... whoever ran this is really terrible... They should have beefed up the bandwidth for the promo. Kind of makes you wonder if they even thought about it? Or if there was ever even a promotion to begin with??
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you so much for your continued patience with The Leading Hotels of the World. We are extremely sorry for the inconveniences we have caused and regret to advise you that the USD 19.28 email promotion scheduled for tomorrow October 2nd shall be postponed.

Although our original back-up plan provided a viable solution for the 150,000 people who were registered, it was met with some confusion over submission procedures and timing. In addition, we have become increasingly concerned that a large number of non-registered respondents plan to submit forms which would inundate the system and greatly diminish your chances of securing a USD 19.28 rate.

In view of this, please do not email your form tomorrow. You will most likely receive an error message we have put in place as a safety mechanism.

We are sincerely committed to restoring your faith in our brand and do not want to risk disappointing you again. We are working tirelessly to develop a solution that will be fair for you and all registered participants. We will email you next week with further details.

Sincerely,

Ted Teng
President & CEO
The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 1, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.