Wiki Posts
Search

Amandari villa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: thy miles and smiles, lufthansa miles and more
Amandari villa

Hello Everyone, Has anyone stayed in the Amandari 3 bedroom villa?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amanjunkie
I haven't been back to Amandari for a couple of years, though as I remember, the Amandari Villa is particularly nice with a two-tiered pool, though not on the scale as those at Amanpuri. However, keep in mind there are 9 other lots that may be developed, if they haven't been already. Not sure how these new villas when developed will affect the views of the current Amandari Villa.
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Originally Posted by Pauldublin
From what i recall, the amandari villa is a short drive from the main resort...
I stayed at the Amandari Villa not long after it first opened. you reach it by walkibng across the rice fields, or by getting them to send a buggy from the main hotel. Nice two-level pool, but the accommodation, again designed by Peter Muller, is not exactly inspired. I felt it should have moved on from the original villa designs of the main resort.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 9:44 am

Amandari Villa

Nevertheless, it is a splendid place in which to stay, as long as you want total peace and quiet. The rice paddy views are wonderful, and at night, they sometimes light torches in the fields and float tea candles on your 2-tiered pool. There is a butler of sorts who sees to all your needs, from breakfast (wherever you wish to take it), to laundry, transport and restaurant bookings. If you are with friends or family, it is a great choice. If you are a couple, then less so - the Amandari Suite would be a much better experience.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:14 pm

The amandari suite is lovely with nice views. If you are travelling with a small group and need more than two bedrooms you could get an adjacent duplex villa. The village atmosphere is great and,for me,i like to walk to the restaurant and bar.
As Vuittons has said the three bed villa is still a close, two minute or so, drive from the reception area.
When are you planning to visit ? I will be there in october (my sixth time im nearly embarrased to say) and I could try to check out any queries you have about the villa if its not too late for you.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: thy miles and smiles, lufthansa miles and more
Thank you for your posts.
We will also visit in October (first week)
I would really appreciate your inputs.
Here is our plan. It's my parents 35th anniversary and we wanted to do a family trip to Bali. We were in Amanpuri in March and stayed in one of the villas with my husband my son (was 14 months old then) and his nanny. It was perfect and we talked about it so much that my parents insisted we stay in an Aman resort. The group is my parents, me and my husband, my sister, my son and his nanny. We want to spend as much time as possible together and since we will be with my son again I thought the 3 bedroom villa is our perfect choice. But I didn't realise that it wasn't an Amanpuri villa concept when I asked for the in villa dining menu. They informed that there is no separate menu for the villa and when I asked if the food is actually cooked in the villa the answer I got was 'I am pleased to inform you that heavy cooking is done in the resort and light cooking could be done in the Villa'.
The reservation I made is: 3 nights in Amandari villa and 2 nights in the Amankila suite+ garden suite which is the closest to the AK suite. (actually wanted to do 2 in amandari 3 in amankila but the re was no availabilty in AK for my dates to do that.
What do you think?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:57 am

Sounds like a great plan! I do feel like I have to warn you that the Amandari Villa might be of a lesser scale than your villa at Amanpuri, and of course, without the stunning sea views, but still of a good size.

The Amankila Suite is wonderful and one of our favorite rooms anywhere, but different from the villas in which it lacks the living and dining rooms, and the actual accommodations are identical to all the other suites in the resort, except there are two of them. There are two nice bales by the pool, and the view off the cliff of the sea is breathtaking.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: miles&smiles elite, LH miles&morefrequent traveler
amandari villa photos

hello everyone,
i am the sister that was mentioned to be traveling with the pinpin bunch
we have been searching for decent photos of the amandari villa on the net, can not find any that would give us a sense of the surroundings. i was wondering for those of you stayed there if you have any pictures of the villa. i am talking about candid traveler photos, in stead of the hotel published ones. thank you very much in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:51 am

Photos

Originally Posted by lil' pinpin
hello everyone,
i am the sister that was mentioned to be traveling with the pinpin bunch
we have been searching for decent photos of the amandari villa on the net, can not find any that would give us a sense of the surroundings. i was wondering for those of you stayed there if you have any pictures of the villa. i am talking about candid traveler photos, in stead of the hotel published ones. thank you very much in advance.
I have photos, but don't know how to post them on here - sorry.

As for the food, yes you have staff that cooks breakfast and light meals, but the serious food is at Amandari proper. The main resort is not that far - we used to walk across the rice paddies every morning.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by pinpin
Thank you for your posts.
We will also visit in October (first week)
I would really appreciate your inputs.
Here is our plan. It's my parents 35th anniversary and we wanted to do a family trip to Bali. We were in Amanpuri in March and stayed in one of the villas with my husband my son (was 14 months old then) and his nanny. It was perfect and we talked about it so much that my parents insisted we stay in an Aman resort. The group is my parents, me and my husband, my sister, my son and his nanny. We want to spend as much time as possible together and since we will be with my son again I thought the 3 bedroom villa is our perfect choice. But I didn't realise that it wasn't an Amanpuri villa concept when I asked for the in villa dining menu. They informed that there is no separate menu for the villa and when I asked if the food is actually cooked in the villa the answer I got was 'I am pleased to inform you that heavy cooking is done in the resort and light cooking could be done in the Villa'.
The reservation I made is: 3 nights in Amandari villa and 2 nights in the Amankila suite+ garden suite which is the closest to the AK suite. (actually wanted to do 2 in amandari 3 in amankila but the re was no availabilty in AK for my dates to do that.
What do you think?
The amankila suite has stunning views (except the occasional barge/industrial ship) and an amazing huge terrace.
The suite is as amanjunkie described. There are only two double bedrooms with no indoor daybed so you will need the garden suite attached. Request that a couple of extra sun loungers are left on the terrace of the amankila suite so that your guests staying at the garden suite can enjoy the pool and terrace.

I would prefer 3 days at amandari and two at amankila as you have reserved.
Please report back on the amandari suite. If its really nice I might be 'forced' to take guests with us to justify a 3 bed villa.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 2:19 am

thank you for all your replys. we will give our comments about the amandari villa asap when we get back.
as for photos the only thing you can do i guess is to post a link to a online website like flickr or snapfish. no worries though thanks again.
so we are almost done with the bali part of our vacation. we are going to have to focus on singapore now. we were planning a stay at the ritz millenia. my question is that, do you have any favorite rooms there? we have my 1.5 year old nephew with us as well so spacious rooms are the way to go i guess. my other question is why the hotel's website quotes and the expedia quotes for ritz are so different? they are usually close, up to +-50 to 100 dollars. this one is about 500 dollars.
do you guys have any other favorite hotels in singapore?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:29 am

R-C Singapore

thank you for all your replys. we will give our comments about the amandari villa asap when we get back.
as for photos the only thing you can do i guess is to post a link to a online website like flickr or snapfish. no worries though thanks again.
so we are almost done with the bali part of our vacation. we are going to have to focus on singapore now. we were planning a stay at the ritz millenia. my question is that, do you have any favorite rooms there? we have my 1.5 year old nephew with us as well so spacious rooms are the way to go i guess. my other question is why the hotel's website quotes and the expedia quotes for ritz are so different? they are usually close, up to +-50 to 100 dollars. this one is about 500 dollars.
do you guys have any other favorite hotels in singapore?
I would check to see if the R-C Millenia has finished its major refurbishment. Their GM, Allan Federer leaves next month and he was overseeing the refurb. Given the amount of work they were planning to do, it would be wise to see if they have finished.

For a more intimate experience, try the newly refurbished Four Seasons (request refurbished suite/room as I am not sure if all have been done yet). The food there is excellent, as is the service.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:41 am

a friend of ours were at the four seasons early july and the refirbushments were still going on, but we will check with the hotel definitely. thank you
has you stayed at the raffles hotel lately? our parents stayed there for their anniversary quite some time ago, but we are not sure if the hotel can still claim its then glory.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
As far as I could see in May this year, the refurbishment of the RC Singapore was complete. It began in late 2004, so it ought to be done by now.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:45 am

Raffles

a friend of ours were at the four seasons early july and the refirbushments were still going on, but we will check with the hotel definitely. thank you
has you stayed at the raffles hotel lately? our parents stayed there for their anniversary quite some time ago, but we are not sure if the hotel can still claim its then glory.
Raffles Singapore is no longer a great hotel - it is now a very tourist oriented hotel - not to be recommended.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 4:18 pm

Amandari

I now understand that Amandari closes around 1 October --until at least January 2009 -- for renovation.

Can anyone provide confirmation and/or details?

Recommended alternatives?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.