Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons - Florence

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 7:58 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Thanks, Raffles! Wow, small windows in the room. The room looks large, though. Do you recall what room category you were in?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Ericka
Thanks, Raffles! Wow, small windows in the room. The room looks large, though. Do you recall what room category you were in?
Four Seasons Room. This is the fourth highest category and the highest category below Junior Suite. Website says 51 sq m.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
If I find myself in a bad room, I complain and ask to be moved. Why did you not do this?
We arrived a bit too late (we had a dinner table booked for 90 minutes after our arrival) and, to be honest, I felt odd complaining that the room was simply dull! It was only late in the evening that I actually looked out of the window and saw the service road under it, which may have persuaded me to ask if I'd spotted it earlier.

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
We loved this hotel, but if you want to 'do' Florence then you are probably better off staying in the Savoy, which is right in the centre. FS Florence is more of an urban resort.
Agreed. But I'd want more variety in eating and drinking options / menus if I was going to spend 3-4 days without leaving the premises!

PS. One other trifle. When we sat down for dinner, we were asked if we wanted a glass of champagne. This was before we'd been offered a priced drinks list or menu. My partner took a glass of rose. When the bill came the glass had been charged at Euro 38 ($49) ....

Last edited by Raffles; Nov 11, 2008 at 3:41 am
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
PS. One other trifle. When we sat down for dinner, we were asked if we wanted a glass of champagne. This was before we'd been offered a priced drinks list or menu. My partner took one. When the bill came the glass had been charged at Euro 38 ($49) ....
Annoying or not, this is an exceedingly common practice at high-end restaurants.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jordyn
Annoying or not, this is an exceedingly common practice at high-end restaurants.
I know ... but not at Euro 38!
Old Nov 11, 2008, 1:56 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by jordyn
True, but this has to be the most expensive glass of champagne (assuming it was not a special vintage or something) I've ever seen!

I'm underwhelmed by Four Seasons in general, I have to say. Very good but not great, at least not compared to the prices they charge. Beautiful properties but all very large and impersonal. I guess that's why I favour Aman over FS any time.

Also, I've stayed in 6 FS in the last 12 months (George V, Mexico City, Langkawi, Hampshire, Bangkok, Provence) and get no recognition whatsoever. They don't remember anything about me (including my preferences, or my title), nor does anyone ever welcome me back to the FS. Maybe they only do this within properties, but the upshot is that I've never felt very special staying there. I guess it's because I am just not very special
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:07 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I know ... but not at Euro 38!
I hope it was indeed champagne and not some Italian spumante or prosecco.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 7:40 am

PS. One other trifle. When we sat down for dinner, we were asked if we wanted a glass of champagne. This was before we'd been offered a priced drinks list or menu. My partner took a glass of rose. When the bill came the glass had been charged at Euro 38 ($49) ....
I did warn you about the prices! It was a new record for me also, €11 for a banana & €40 per hour for baby sitting!!

However, we went in the summer & fell in love with the place. Went with our baby & hardly left the pool during the day. At night either ate in the very good hotel restaurant or took a taxi out somewhere. I should also point out that during the day you could eat at the pool & they had a more informal menu (salads etc), altough still very expensive.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:32 am

We arrived a bit too late (we had a dinner table booked for 90 minutes after our arrival) and, to be honest, I felt odd complaining that the room was simply dull! It was only late in the evening that I actually looked out of the window and saw the service road under it, which may have persuaded me to ask if I'd spotted it earlier.

Agreed. But I'd want more variety in eating and drinking options / menus if I was going to spend 3-4 days without leaving the premises!

Agree about the dining options, but that is because their second restaurant - in the Conventino - has yet to open. This will be brasserie style and should be really good. They are also thinking about doing more outdoor venues for the summer and maybe a cooking school eventually.

Expensive Champagne! Must re-check my bill....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.