best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Just to add to that, the spa is absolutely excellent (I went back for the spa today). And they sitll stock Sodashi, although the 'default' treatment options are no longer Sodashi, I had to specifically ask for it.

But the toiletries in room were all COCHINE.
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Interesting, as I thought they had discontinued Sodashi at LMO.
'Still stock Sodashi' means offered as retail or for treatments (their Professional line)?

You might want to check expiry dates

Last thing I heard they discontinued completely...
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
'Still stock Sodashi' means offered as retail or for treatments (their Professional line)?

You might want to check expiry dates

Last thing I heard they discontinued completely...
New old stock? Hopefully not!
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:53 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Comped stay. Sorry, probably should have clarified but didnt' do a full thread on it so forgot to!
with all due respect, i really don't see how you can fault them for not giving you enough cakes or chocolates or whatever.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Larkin
I'm a Four Seasons fan in HK. Used to love the MO but then everything grew up around it. So switched to 4 Seasons and never looked back.

Ummm... the Four Seasons HK is quite literally in a shopping mall.

Regards
KeepDiscovering likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by ABG
with all due respect, i really don't see how you can fault them for not giving you enough cakes or chocolates or whatever.
I agree
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:15 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by ABG
Sure, it wasn't so much a fault, more an observation. It looks like a very, very spartan welcome (no drink either on arrival - tea etc which The Upper House offers upon in-room check-in) in comparison to Upper House. Also surprised that check-in is still done at the counters in this day and age, with ~100 rooms.

There are expectations set (bear in mind it's priced about even with Upper House Hong Kong even accounting for both's promotional offers).

Similar with turndown service.

In our room at LMO

My guest, checking in on the exact same day. In the room at Upper House - a tote bag full of goodies and more

In a bizarre way, with what it offers, it's almost more fit to be a 'world class business hotel' - but with its rates and boutique nature, they're aiming for as much of the leisure market too.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Originally Posted by scubadu

Ummm... the Four Seasons HK is quite literally in a shopping mall.

Regards
Agree not crazy about the attached FS shopping mall being so huge and modern, but I don't go there and hardly notice it. I spend my time when in the hotel ( and not working or going to other restaurants) enjoying the view from my room as not obstructed by any buildings around it, love the restaurants ( although I love Man Wah in the MO), love the pool ( I'm a swimmer and not crazy about the MO pool situation), have had great service, and for business and pleasure prefer being on the HK side despite the fabulous views from Kowloon. I miss the old MO when it did not have all the build up around it. It just seems so jammed in now. The service there was the best as was the location. And I still prefer the MO shopping center as I have two favorite stores there. But I personally have really enjoyed the 4S in the last years better than my last experiences at the MO. It's modern the rooms are spacious, there are many harbor view rooms with unobstructed views, it's got a lovely outdoor pool, great service , and two of the many great HK restaurants are right there! The great news is we all have so many great choices in Hong Kong and can all choose what we like based on our preferences and have a great luxury hotel stay! I must say I am very tempted to try the Upper House! Maybe on my next trip thanks to everyone's good experiences and write ups here!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:59 am

I really like FS being connected to IFC Mall, makes for good retail therapy post lunch, especially with easy delivery to the hotel.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
My guest, checking in on the exact same day. In the room at Upper House - a tote bag full of goodies and more

That´s amazing!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I really like FS being connected to IFC Mall, makes for good retail therapy post lunch, especially with easy delivery to the hotel.
Think that applies to all of the major luxury hotels talked about in Hong Kong on this forum doesn't it? Mandarin Oriental, LMO, Upper House and for that matter Ritz-Carlton are all right above or within easy access to shopping malls with plenty of food and retail therapy options.
scented likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Think that applies to all of the major luxury hotels talked about in Hong Kong on this forum doesn't it? Mandarin Oriental, LMO, Upper House and for that matter Ritz-Carlton are all right above or within easy access to shopping malls with plenty of food and retail therapy options.
I find myself blessed to not suffer any afflictions that require retail therapy.

Regards
scented likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:10 am

Difficult hotel to photograph, so just did a quick phone video of my suite (apologies if it gives you a headache):

Did a proper video too but let's see how that comes out later...
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Sure, it wasn't so much a fault, more an observation. It looks like a very, very spartan welcome (no drink either on arrival - tea etc which The Upper House offers upon in-room check-in) in comparison to Upper House. Also surprised that check-in is still done at the counters in this day and age, with ~100 rooms.

There are expectations set (bear in mind it's priced about even with Upper House Hong Kong even accounting for both's promotional offers).

Similar with turndown service.

In our room at LMO

In a bizarre way, with what it offers, it's almost more fit to be a 'world class business hotel' - but with its rates and boutique nature, they're aiming for as much of the leisure market too.
Upper House and Marcel always treat people right! Very nice grab bag.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Seems nowadays luxury hotels are increasingly practising cost cutting, hence the stingy welcome amenities. Most require you to pay for them rather than put them in the room as a nice surprise If that's the case, really no different from a standard 4/5 star business hotel.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Seems nowadays luxury hotels are increasingly practising cost cutting, hence the stingy welcome amenities. Most require you to pay for them rather than put them in the room as a nice surprise If that's the case, really no different from a standard 4/5 star business hotel.
Thankfully there are a few exceptions to this observation, especially for suite guests. I also see much more personalized welcome amenities these days, which is most welcome.
FlyerEC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.