Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:59 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by callmedtop
I loved the Upper House and would agree to its similarities to an Aman property. That said, when I'm staying in HK for 3 nights and MO is running a 3rd night free deal, making it 40% cheaper than TUH for a Harbour View Room, I'm going to at least try it out!
I totally understand.

If budget were a factor, I’d have to say I’d consider the RC over either the MO and LMO, unless I had to be on the Island. After all, you can use points at the RC (or even the W next to it).

If one had to be on the Island and budget is a factor, perhaps I’d consider the JW Marriott since I could use points and still head up to Cafe Gray at The Upper House (as The Upper House is in the same tower but above the JW). Perhaps I’d consider the 4th night free for LMO so I could more easily dine at Amber. But I’d more easily use points to stay at the JW or even Grand Hyatt until the St Regis opens.

The true tale will be told for me once the St Regis opens and I have to choose between it and The Upper House. That will be true pain.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
I loved the Upper House and would agree to its similarities to an Aman property. That said, when I'm staying in HK for 3 nights and MO is running a 3rd night free deal, making it 40% cheaper than TUH for a Harbour View Room, I'm going to at least try it out!
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I totally understand.

If budget were a factor, I’d have to say I’d consider the RC over either the MO and LMO, unless I had to be on
the Island. After all, you can use points at the RC (or even the W next to it).

If one had to be on the Island and budget is a factor, perhaps I’d consider the JW Marriott since I could use points and still head up to Cafe Gray at The Upper House (as The Upper House is in the same tower but above the JW). Perhaps I’d consider the 4th night free for LMO so I could more easily dine at Amber. But I’d more easily use points to stay at the JW or even Grand Hyatt until the St Regis opens.

The true tale will be told for me once the St Regis opens and I have to choose between it and The Upper House. That will be true pain.
HK Island is the side to be be on .

Marriott rooms are tiny

TUH & MOHK have great views & really nice suites - pick wisely at MOHK ; LMO has no views though
clubeurope likes this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jul 15, 2018 at 8:48 am
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:41 am

Good choice.

TUH may be likened to an Aman, but that is not what I am looking for in Hong Kong. I specifically want the MO HK experience.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: Some
Rosewood Hong Kong opening date now appears to have been pushed back slightly to 'Winter 2018'. Also of interest is there will be an executive lounge, which I think is the first at a Rosewood property?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:31 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Rosewood Hong Kong opening date now appears to have been pushed back slightly to 'Winter 2018'. Also of interest is there will be an executive lounge, which I think is the first at a Rosewood property?
St Regis to open Q1 or Q2 next year.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:31 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Rosewood Beijing also has executive lounge they call the Manor Club
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ABG
Ah, looks like the same idea then.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

london and many announced have club, something done under new corp owner
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Abu Dhabi also has the Manor Club.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:46 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Is it just me or is Rosewood taking future aim for the Ritz-Carlton Club customer?
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Is it just me or is Rosewood taking future aim for the Ritz-Carlton Club customer?
not really? basically all FS in asia (plus maui and buenos) have club

rosewood club mostly asia (abu dhabi) and plenty with no club, RC pretty high % club

rosewood london is a reflag, dont recall brand / club, long owned by new corp owner, also seems rosewood considered then decided against club in paris - was a Renaissance and had a club

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post21828274
re AUH, jumeirah also has clubs in dubai, i dont think anywhere else

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 14, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:34 pm

Kerry Hotel or The Langham

Which would you choose? Kerry Hotel Executive King Suite with club access or The Langham Executive Room with Club. $25 dollar difference for two nights-these are the only two hotels I am considering for this trip. Would prefer the RC, but pricing is way too high for my dates.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:45 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by riced
Which would you choose? Kerry Hotel Executive King Suite with club access or The Langham Executive Room with Club. $25 dollar difference for two nights-these are the only two hotels I am considering for this trip. Would prefer the RC, but pricing is way too high for my dates.
I'd take location into account, especially if you're a first time visitor and somewhat unfamiliar with Hong Kong. The Langham is better located than Kerry.

Kerry is newer and has a nice pool/rooftop bar-vibe.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I'd take location into account, especially if you're a first time visitor and somewhat unfamiliar with Hong Kong. The Langham is better located than Kerry.

Kerry is newer and has a nice pool/rooftop bar-vibe.
I've been to Hong Kong plenty of times, so the location does not really matter. Which would have the better club level? If the Langham is vastly superior, then I'd take the regular room versus the suite at the Kerry. Its a celebration of sorts and I've never tried either of these hotels.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:13 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I loved the MO very much. At first it didn't come across to be nicest among the bunch, but having stayed there for the first time a few years ago, I have since become a convert!

I just love the ambiance at the MO, and how it feels like the perfect blend of old and new, and the views towards Statue Square are very nice.

In regards to the poster above's question, I've also stayed at the Langham and thought that they weren't very nice... I was in a Deluxe Room which supposedly has the same design as the Executive Rooms, but I felt that the decor was very un-functional and certainly a waste of space. It was quite a comfortable room for what its worth, but didn't quite like it as much as other hotels with similar price ranges, like the InterContinental.

Also, talking about hotels in Hong Kong, I personally didn't like The Peninsula... it felt way too touristy, and the ambiance wasn't too enjoyable. All the public areas felt very busy and was very crowded, and I thought the rooms had too many unnecessary gimmick. The views towards the Island is nice though. And what's more, the Pen is located on the wrong side of the harbour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.