Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peninsula Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
I've just returned from the Pen Tokyo. They have shortened the opening hours of their restaurants, and are promoting power saving in other ways, but it wasn't really obtrusive.

I've stayed there several times, and as always, their service was excellent. They kindly upgraded my companion's room to a Grand Deluxe, and sent the Rolls to pick us up at NRT instead of the BMW. Great hotel.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grumbler
The car service is for suites, but on occasion, they have been very kind and taken me around even when I have not been in a suite.

Hotel is in power conservation mode - pretty much in public areas, but they have also put in reduced wattage bulbs in the rooms.
Originally Posted by antirealist
I've just returned from the Pen Tokyo. They have shortened the opening hours of their restaurants, and are promoting power saving in other ways, but it wasn't really obtrusive.

I've stayed there several times, and as always, their service was excellent. They kindly upgraded my companion's room to a Grand Deluxe, and sent the Rolls to pick us up at NRT instead of the BMW. Great hotel.
Power conservation rules end in a few weeks......anyway it has become cooler, and today the humidity is not quite so bad. Sad about the conservation rules ending......as the nuclear power plants are not coming back on line anytime soon. Watch for Super Hot Biz advertising to start by October!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Power conservation rules end in a few weeks......
Friday, actually. It was moved up about a fortnight some time last week.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
The car service is for suites, but on occasion, they have been very kind and taken me around even when I have not been in a suite.
From the Tokyo Pen's website:

For the convenience of all guests staying at the hotel, a Peninsula customized Rolls-Royce is available for complementary one-way transports within 2 km radius of the hotel...

Seems pretty clear it applies to all guests.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by wolf539
From the Tokyo Pen's website:

For the convenience of all guests staying at the hotel, a Peninsula customized Rolls-Royce is available for complementary one-way transports within 2 km radius of the hotel...

Seems pretty clear it applies to all guests.
I don't think the Mini one does, which is what I was thinking of.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Power conservation rules end in a few weeks......anyway it has become cooler, and today the humidity is not quite so bad. Sad about the conservation rules ending......as the nuclear power plants are not coming back on line anytime soon. Watch for Super Hot Biz advertising to start by October!
Hot damn! I'm glad to hear this. Last trip I nearly died from the heat in the office buildings.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
I don't think the Mini one does, which is what I was thinking of.
Correct; the Mini is only for Suite guests.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Have any of you high rollers ever used the helicopter service here?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:41 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you're referring to the service between the Narita airport area and Tokyo, I believe the scheduled service has been canceled for some time. So it's not available to try anymore, only charters are available.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:55 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The first nuclear power plant was re-started last week, although it is in Kansai, nowhere near Tokyo.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:08 am

I do not belive that The Peninsula Tokyo offers helicopter transfers from/to the airports the way Pen HK and Pen BKK do.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
I took the MCAS scheduled service from Ark Hills to Narita one time; this was prior to the change to charter-only. I wrote a trip report about it somewhere here.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I do not belive that The Peninsula Tokyo offers helicopter transfers from/to the airports the way Pen HK and Pen BKK do.
I knew that they had built a helicopter pad and lounge, but upon further reading it seems that they couldn't get the proper permission to actually operate the helicopter transportation service.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:29 am

I knew that they had built a helicopter pad and lounge, but upon further reading it seems that they couldn't get the proper permission to actually operate the helicopter transportation service.
Like forever ? I heard that they were trying to get the proper authorization and that it should happen in the future ...Definitely buried ?

I ,like Nick, used Mori City Air Services through the PH Tokyo promo in january 2011 for 375 euros one way ( though expensive, who would refuse a helicopter ride when you're an "Inception" fan and it costs 30% less than limo transfer to NRT ) and flying out of Tokyo is impressive !
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:08 pm

NCAS went out of business. You could fly them free if you flew ANA First to NRT. Then a 20 minute ride to the heliport by car, a wait of 10-20 minutes to leave the heliport, then 15 minutes in the helicopter, 10 minute transfer to a car and 15 minutes to the Pen. Fun but no great time saver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.