Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanpuri or Trisara

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2008, 1:32 pm

Lowest Price At Amanpuri Sucks

I wish I had told you about the lowest priced rooms at Amanpuri before you went. I stayed in the exact room as since all the rooms are the same size and layout and most with no views I'd figure I'd be smart and save a few $. I lasted 1 hour on the terrace with the cars and gate going up and down every few minutes. They should not rent that room. The same solution was given to us but did not care for the villa as we shared the common areas with other guest who also hated the idea. Now we just stay at the Chedi and use the facilities of Amanpuri and are welcomed and very happy.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so you had a garden pavilion, no other pavilions were available, so they put you in a villa? nice
Yes, a four-bedroom one with a 20m lap pool. We were pretty amazed
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4BR ocean view!

$775 > $6150

now thats an upgrade

so you join the club of 3 other posters who have stayed in 4BR ocean view

Originally Posted by bagold
Amanpuri - 4 Bedroom Ocean View Villa - I think it was #24. About 30,000 sq ft. in total space. 25 meter private pool. Two dining rooms. 3 full-time live-in staff.
Originally Posted by aa4ever
My four bedroom ocean-view villa at Amanpuri. We had booked two of their cheapest garden-level pavillions at their half rates off. We got there and were amazed to be upgraded to a four bedroom ocean view villa with living room, live-in maids, private pool, and several "outdoor sitting areas." Needless to say, we extended our time there.
Originally Posted by paul2
Amanpuri Villa Phuket,Thailand, 4 bedrooms with ocean view.
http://web.archive.org/web/200501300...puri/rates.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/200503030...puri/rates.htm
post-tsunami 50% discount, from 1/30/05 to 10/31/05

6BR might have been had for $2700

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 12, 2010 at 8:04 pm
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:13 am

4BR!

garden ($4,500) or ocean ($6,150) ?

now thats an upgrade
Ocean.....
Definitely the most outrageous of upgrades I've ever had...oh, and this was for all our nights!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:05 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Fliar
Having just returned from Amanpuri (our first visit) I just wanted to post a couple of comments. We *love* Aman but were frankly very disappointed with our villa. We booked the cheapest room category so perhaps should not have expected too much, but it had zero privacy as it was right by the road, as was its terrace. The villa next door was only a few metres away. The only way to have any privacy was to close all curtains and doors. The rooms were nice but not exactly stunning.

so you had a garden pavilion, no other pavilions were available, so they put you in a villa? nice
Just a quick question about this topic. Which room category are you actually talking about. The cheapest room category are Pavilions and the second cheapest are the Garden Pavilions. So the ones with the noise and the road are which?
And if they are the Pavilions, how good or bad are the Garden Pavilions?

Or in other words, what is the cheapest category you can book if you want to have some privacy? (and 4 BR Villa is not an acceptable answer )
Old Mar 20, 2008, 4:11 am

We had booked the pavillion which was by the road. I would strongly advise against those as they are not worth the (considerable amount of) money.

Edited to add: I don't know about the garden pavillions.

Last edited by Fliar; Mar 20, 2008 at 2:51 pm
Old Mar 20, 2008, 4:41 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
So are the Garden Pavilions fine?
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:23 am

Amanpuri - best pavilions

The garden pavilions at Amanpuri are set high up on the hill, so you have a lot of climbing up steep steps. Some of them do have long-distance views of Pansea and are quite private, but if you stay in a Pavilion here, then the only ones with really good views are 103 and 105 - but they cost a lot more, of course. The Pavilions to avoid are those at the rear of the entrance lobby, on the spa side.
I have also stayed in Villas 24 and 17 (once with an upgrade). When Amanpuri's Pavilions are full, they always upgrade guests to the Villas as a matter of course. The only time when you can't get an upgrade is over Christmas and New Year, when the Villa owners are there.
Much better, I think, to opt for Trisara, where every suite and villa has great views of the Andaman sea. The food is better, too.

Last edited by vuittonsofstyle; Mar 23, 2008 at 7:26 am Reason: forgot to add Trisara
Old Mar 31, 2008, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
7 months later

Thought I'd check this forum again for some inspiration. Can't believe it's been so long since I logged in. Nice to see the discussion is ongoing. In the end I went to the Maldives instead (apologies to all) and was blown away by the sheer physical beauty of the islands. Stayed in One & Only Kanuhara and Taj Exotica. But thank you everyone for your opinion. Trying to decide where to go in June, overwater villa is a must and I've narrowed it down to 3 destinations - Bora Bora, Noumea or Pangkor Laut. But I may end up in Phuket!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.