Aman Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2007, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the info Fliar
Old Jul 4, 2007, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I guess when I book my Aman resort I will have to find one that is close to a local village so I can enjoy the service and atmosphere of the resort and local food. Along those lines, any suggestions?
Amansara in Siem Reap has easy access to the town, restaurants, etc. It is well worth considering - the sightseeing is of course spectacular, and the resort is superb.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by eutow
Amansara in Siem Reap has easy access to the town, restaurants, etc. It is well worth considering - the sightseeing is of course spectacular, and the resort is superb.
There's a compulsory board charge ($75 USD per person) at the Amansara, but that gives you drinks, breakfast, plus one lunch or dinner. It feels good however to order drinks/wine anytime knowing that it's all inclusive.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: some
Good point. And welcome to FT amanaddict!
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fliar
Good point. And welcome to FT amanaddict!
or did someone just notice that name was available?

if not, indeed - welcome
Old Jul 6, 2007, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
or did someone just notice that name was available?

if not, indeed - welcome
Thanks Just found out about FT and this looks like a great place to be with a lot of info and nice ppl!
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I agree that the amansara is conveniently located, but I was actually in siem reap last christmas and since I was staying with friends who are more modest about their hotel choice than I (although I did convince them to stay at the FS in HK), we stayed at the FCC. It was a very nice hotel, but certainly not what the amansara could provide.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:15 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Hey Amanaddict - Welcome! This forum is full of Aman junkies so please keep checking back. We like to share insights on specific Aman properties, room categories and compare notes on service.

Unlike most web forums, we won't blast you for spending money on a hotel room, that's for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.