Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Bali Club Rooms

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Ritz-Carlton Bali Club Rooms

Hi,

I was just wondering how much of a difference there was between the normal RC rooms and the club rooms at this resort. Also how is the club lounge? What kind of food do they have available throughout the day, and is alcohol available all day and what champagne do they pour? Neither my friend and I are big drinkers so we are trying to figure out if the club rooms are worth the additional costs. Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
No idea about the Club Rooms but dont forget to ask if they can offer you a reasonable priced upgrade to one of the Cliff Villas. They are IMHO absolutely stunning.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how many rooms are you getting?
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, MR Silver
Mrs. TransCon and I stayed in one of the club rooms in 2002. We thought it was well worth it. The 5 food presentations a day are quite substantial here -- real food. We didn't really drink much, but we found the staff very accomodating -- I'm sure they would get you a drink whenever you wanted. Can't comment on the champagne. We basically never ate anywhere else. I'm not aware that the rooms were different than other rooms (except the villas).
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

especially if OP is only getting 1 room, there is no question it would be worth it IMHO
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
how many rooms are you getting?
We will be getting one room. Any one have any ideas how the ritz club compares to the IC or Grand Hyatt Club?
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Stayed at the RC Bali club in 2002.

-Service was the best on the island (though we could only compare it to the Four Seasons). Different than the FS, everybody knew our name whenever we went into the Club and remembered all preferences.

Other notables include:
-Hot breakfast; American and Asian, plus the usual high-end continental options

-1 hot, freshly made appetizer at cocktail hour plus plenty of other choices

-Table service for all dinks (including Apollnaris for sparkling water, my personal fave)

-Overall the food selection wasfar better than the average club and food quality was slightly below average, though not a reason to stay away.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so basically all inclusive ^

how did they break down the 2 mid day presentations?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 9, 2007 at 11:29 am
Old Mar 10, 2007, 1:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I spent one night at the Ritz-Carlton Bali on the club level.

The service was excellent throughout the hotel. The club rooms are located on the fourth floor. Our room was located only a ten second walk from the lounge which was nice. They gave us an ocean front room.

Bascially the food presentations are almost continuous throughout the day. The breaks between the presentations are about 30 minutes.

They advertise a "continental" breakfast but there were hot items including dim sum and an egg/pancake/waffle station (with items made to order).

The lunch presentation included salads, sandwiches, and desserts. The tea presentation was great with more sandwiches, scones, and lot of desserts. The evening hors d'oeuvres was really a lite dinner. Desserts in the evening rounded off a day of gluttony for me. The staff was always gracious, friendly, helpful, and eager to make sure I was well hydrated.

One note: if you like putting golf or playing tennis, staying on the club floor means free golf putting and tennis court fees. Otherwise, there's a charge. The resort has a novel eighteen hole putting golf course. It was kind of like mini golf without the windmills. It was actually fun. The average yardage was per hole was about 30.

The toiletries in our bathroom was a house brand, as opposed to the Bulgari ones we got on the club floor in Pasadena. But I'm don't see what so great about Bulgari toiletries. I prefer L'Occitane.

I also stayed at the Inter-Continental in a club room. The Ritz has a slightly more luxurious feel. The food presentations at the Ritz were much more extensive. Here's a comparison between the two clubs:

Breakfast: RC had a full buffet. The IC had a small buffet with made to order hot dishes. IC club guests could also take breakfast in the main hotel breakfast restaurant which was an absolute zoo.

Lunch: RC had a nice light lunch buffet. The IC has a menu of five light dishes from which you can select and is made to order and is served at your table.

Afternoon tea: RC had a very nice afternoon tea buffet. The IC served a three tier stand of medicore sandwiches and pastries.

Evening: The RC had an extensive evening buffet. The IC had the same menu offered at lunch.

Overall, the service at the RC was more attentive and the lounge at the RC was less crowded. The club at the IC does offer free internet access. There is not computer terminal in the RC lounge.

The club at the Ritz-Carlton does not serve Champagne I think it's because the government import tax on foreign booze is very high. The local sparkling wine, Jepun, is not bad.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Wow! Thank you for that fantastic review!
Old Apr 20, 2008, 2:31 am

Club Room Views

Apologies to revive an old discussion.

We are booked into the RC Bali for 5 nights in early Oct 2008 compliments of Marriott. We are booked standard garden view rooms.

After directly contacting the hotel, we are offered US$190 per night for upgrade to Club Floor plus airport transfers.

Can anyone tell me if ALL club floor rooms have ocean views? This is quite important for us.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 1:51 am

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
[
QUOTE=Starbucks;7364187]No idea about the Club Rooms but dont forget to ask if they can offer you a reasonable priced upgrade to one of the Cliff Villas. They are IMHO absolutely stunning.
[/QUOTE]

Question: If you are booked into one of the villas - do you also have access to the Club Floor????
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:08 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
[
Question: If you are booked into one of the villas - do you also have access to the Club Floor????[/QUOTE]

We did not have access to the Club Floor when we were in a cliff villa appr. two years ago.

However, the Cliff Villa was absolutely stunning and the normal breakfast and all the restaurants so good and varied that I would almost consider it a disadvantage not to be able to eat there because one has eaten a lot in the club floor. The area of the hotel is huge and the feel and atmosphere at the different restaurant so different that you feel that you eat out of the resort even if you do not.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by tbonephile
We will be getting one room. Any one have any ideas how the ritz club compares to the IC or Grand Hyatt Club?
RC is significantly better than both IMHO. IC is perfectly fine, especially at Club level, but there is a quality gap for sure.

Grand Hyatt is in Nusa Dua, which is an entirely different feel (and a bit more isolated).
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:57 am

We were in the Villa last year, NO club access.

Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
[
Question: If you are booked into one of the villas - do you also have access to the Club Floor????[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.