Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carmel Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Carmel Resorts

Any opinions on what the best luxury resort is in Carmel?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 5:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The two Virtuoso resorts are Quail Lodge and Bernardus Lodge... and there's also Clint Eastwood's Mission Ranch.

But depending on what you want, Carmel is the kind of place where I'd prefer to be in something smaller. There are beautiful B&Bs right in town where you can walk up and down the streets to enjoy window shopping (or real shopping) and the beach.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-Bernadus Lodge (Virt, FHR, LHW) (wine)
-Carmel Valley Ranch (FHR) (tennis, horses)
-Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach (golf)

also popular on FT >
-Post Ranch Inn

where is the best spa?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2007 at 12:31 am
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:45 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had one excellent and one terrible experience at the Park Hyatt and would not go back again. Many others in the Hyatt forum have reported similar problems.

I have also had one bad experience at Quail Lodge, but that was long, long ago and hence the place may be worth a retry.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Stayed one night at Casa Palmero, at Pebble Beach. I thought it was absolutely stunning, and one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in anywhere.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
Stayed one night at Casa Palmero, at Pebble Beach. I thought it was absolutely stunning, and one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in anywhere.
Ditto the above. I am at "Casa" right now and the experience is outstanding. I obviously have been staying at too many mundane places recently.

Service is first class, SPA is awesome, while the property is sold out there are only 26 rooms.

I used to be a Park Hyatt fan bit I got so tired of the timeshare sales pitches.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.hshgroup.com/hotels.asp?r...&cid=45&id=255

HSH has resumed direct management of Quail Lodge Resort in April 2006.
the same company is behind Peninsula.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.