Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels in Singapore - worrying, worrying...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels in Singapore - worrying, worrying...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
Had a great stay at MO SIN club level last October. I loved it...oh boy, these cute dresses those club level ladies wear show so much leg that it looked pretty frivolous for SIN standards...ahem, it was quite a sight ^
How vulgar and offensive posting.

Last edited by Nachria; Feb 23, 2007 at 7:12 am
Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:01 am

I stayed in the Four Seasons when I was in SIN for tourism and thought the location was good. Nice to be able to walk around Orchard Road a bit, and pretty good availability of cabs. Hotel wasn't fabulous but it was good enough. GREAT Chinese restaurant - would go even if not staying at the FS.

I might try the Fullerton next time, although if the FS has redone rooms by then, I might go back there. Fullerton was too crowded/too many tourists gawking for me (I must admit, though, that I was one of them!).
Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ngfan
Had a great stay at MO SIN club level last October. I loved it...oh boy, these cute dresses those club level ladies wear show so much leg that it looked pretty frivolous for SIN standards...ahem, it was quite a sight ^
Well I would not word it they way you did, as someone else wrote it seems a little vulgar, but the sarong they were impressed me/us (GF noticed that too).
Old Feb 24, 2007, 1:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MACH81
Well I would not word it they way you did, as someone else wrote it seems a little vulgar, but the sarong they were impressed me/us (GF noticed that too).
If its really a "sarong", you wont be seeing much leg
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:52 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mario33
If its really a "sarong", you wont be seeing much leg
What's the real name?Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:36 am
Suspended

What's the real name?Thanks
Sorry, I cant answer that cos I havent been to the lounge at MO; but a "sarong" would typically not reveal any leg.

However, since its a MO my "guess" is that its a variation of the cheongsam which usually has high slits at the side. Perhaps others could confirm.

Last edited by mario33; Feb 24, 2007 at 10:58 am
Old Feb 24, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
mario33 is correct, they're called a 'cheongsam'
Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I stay at the Oriental Club quite often. Especially when I have a midnight flight back home as I can use the 8pm checkout. ^

Service is mostly good, but not perfect. Still it is as good or better than every other luxury hotel in town (I haven't tried the Shangri-La). The Oriental is much, much better than the Four Seasons.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I stay at the Oriental Club quite often. Especially when I have a midnight flight back home as I can use the 8pm checkout. ^
Is the Oriental Club 8pm late check-out the only confirmed late check-out in SIN? thanks
Old Feb 24, 2007, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
Sorry, I cant answer that cos I havent been to the lounge at MO; but a "sarong" would typically not reveal any leg.

However, since its a MO my "guess" is that its a variation of the cheongsam which usually has high slits at the side. Perhaps others could confirm.
Thanks! I saw some pics online.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Is the Oriental Club 8pm late check-out the only confirmed late check-out in SIN? thanks
Shangri La has 6pm checkout if you book their 'Value Rate', not sure of others
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, IC AMB, AXP
RC club has confirmed 4pm check-out with the fhr rate.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:03 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I have heard from some good sources that the suites at the Fullerton will be getting a renovation this year as designs were recently approved.

There is likely to be a fairly significant change at the hotel as well...... there should be an announcement sometime this year!!

I cannot agree that the Oriental is much better than the Four Seasons -- I found the Oriental to be blah and the service to be, well, blah and slow as well. I was on the Club guest as well........ while the Singapore Four Seasons is not one of their best hotels, it still has some of the finest service in the city.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by luxury
I cannot agree that the Oriental is much better than the Four Seasons -- I found the Oriental to be blah and the service to be, well, blah and slow as well. I was on the Club guest as well........ while the Singapore Four Seasons is not one of their best hotels, it still has some of the finest service in the city.
If you like having drinks spilled on you without apology, no bottled water in the room and countless other service flaws, then sure the FS is for you. Me, I give it a big thumbs down. The Oriental isn't perfect and it has gotten a bit worse with big tour groups booking there, but its nowhere near as bad as the FS, especially if you are on the Club level.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
If you like having drinks spilled on you without apology, no bottled water in the room and countless other service flaws, then sure the FS is for you. Me, I give it a big thumbs down. The Oriental isn't perfect and it has gotten a bit worse with big tour groups booking there, but its nowhere near as bad as the FS, especially if you are on the Club level.
I have personally not stayed at the FS in Singapore but I know some people who have and they thought the service was great. Maybe your stay was an anomaly. No hotel in the world is perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.