Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bologna Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thecoolhunter
I'd like to reactivate this thread. Any news re five star properties for Bologna and surroundings? Any developments anyone knows of?
No and No.

Baglioni is still most likely your best option however nothing to get too excited about. Actually not that exciting at all.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
I've been travelling to Bologna for work 2-3 times a year for the past 5-6 years. I've stayed at all of the 'top hotels' there, but nothing excites me. Food on the other hand...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Looks like the spousal unit and I will be spending a few days in Bologna this summer. Is the Baglioni still the best option?

Any food recs? First time, only restriction is a severe shellfish allergy.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
As previously mentioned Baglioni is nothing out of the ordinary but the best of the lot. Also location is great for walking everywhere.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by wripro
As previously mentioned Baglioni is nothing out of the ordinary but the best of the lot. Also location is great for walking everywhere.
Thanks. I'll contact LHR to see if it's do-able in a wheelchair. From what I have seen, it's not looking good, but sometimes, these properties have secondary entrances and elevators in out of the way places. The location looks good for our needs. My husband really wants to check out Bologna. Im not sure this is going to be easy . . .
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Grand Hotel Majestic già Baglioni

I stayed at the Baglioni, here my review:
The hotel
Suite
Breakfast
Restaurant

It wasn´t a great stay. The hotel is tired and totally overpriced (our suite was 1300 € the days we stayed, per night of course - Junior Suite 950,00 €). Today I even got a trafic ticket, the way to the hotel is so incredibly stupid done (Bolognas fault, not the hotels). "Highlights" were a dirty toilet and the miserable breakfast.
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
deleted

Last edited by schriste; Jun 11, 2019 at 2:48 pm Reason: mispost
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:44 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
I stayed at the Baglioni, here my review:
The hotel
Suite
Breakfast
Restaurant
Sadly that’s typical for Baglioni properties these days. The have frozen all investments, staff morale is at a low point and most hotels are getting really tired/worn.

Not many high-end options in Bologna unfortunately.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
Not many high-end options in Bologna unfortunately.
I would say not one.........

Staff wasn´t a problem, everyone was friendly.
livefromtuscany likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Bumping this thread; anything new in Bologna these days? Looking for 1-2 nights in between Milan and Florence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.