Reload this Page >

Meet & Greet at airport gate in HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:39 am

I would imagine the figures quoted above may somewhat out of date after 8 years!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Baghoarder
MOHK also offers it.
Thanks. Looks like the 3 properties offer this service today.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:23 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never used this service but my understanding is that currently it does not "whisk you through immigration." You get a ride to immigration but then have to join the same line as everyone else. Can someone correct me if I am wrong?

When I've arrived at HKG, I've invariably seen an electric cart meet the plane bearing a sign listing the cost of the cart transfer which was either HK$50 or HK$100 per person, I forget which.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:02 am
Aman Contributor Badge

We have booked this service for our trip in October. Confirmation says: We are pleased to confirm your airport pick-up service by Toyota Alphard multi-purpose vehicle (6-seater) at HK$1,300 per car, one way. Our representative will meet you at the end of air-bridge and assist you through customs and luggage clearance.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:40 pm

Assistance through customs is a big nothing in HK, customs is fast and easy. The lines are at immigration so It is interesting that they don't mention assistance through immigration, which tends to support my point just above.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by little bunny
last time I flew in to HKG on CX, I had to wait for over half an hour at the passport control
if they sold queue jump, i am one who would pay for it. i view VIP like insurance for example, and dont fly premium.

flyertalk said GVA was no problem. the queue there was not short. i "regretted" not paying for VVIP with car to plane. most on flyertalk fly premium, which makes a difference in getting off plane and getting into queue, and rest/sleep.

the first time i can pay for buggy without queue jump, i will try it. after that i will probably base it on airport walking distances, connection times, mobility/stamina of people i am with (after longhaul economy flight) etc.

also for example, Musken may not have paid much on top of transfer.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 11, 2014 at 9:23 pm
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:24 pm

If you're a second tier (or better) elite on most any carrier, HK gives away queue jump for free. After waiting in line once, before entering customs go to the little office where they will have you fill out something and then put a sticker on the back of your passport. That can be used in the automatic lines, both on entry and exit from HK, and it's good for the life of your passport. I believe it can even be used when entering HK by land from Shenzhen.

Make sure you have the card that qualifies you in your possession. They will require it and compare it against a picture of cards that qualify.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
If you're a second tier (or better) elite
some of us arent. and it has to be renewed right? so cant buy US status for example just to get it. but they do have the frequent visistor thing for anyone, if youre hitting multiple stops in asia via HKG. i havent looked at it very hard (versus doing point-to-point) but getting an FS HK apartment for a month then bouncing around might be an interesting option.

but yes mostly very frequent travelers on flyertalk including this forum, including in premium classes.

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The HK frequent traveler is valid as long as your passport. To renew is also very easy and free. Definitely worth doing if you are headed to HK more than a couple of times a year. I recently switched to my new (renewed) passport and it took less than five minutes to update everything and get a new barcode.
then one could buy status from airline that sells it
(for example US airways, at least at the moment)
although not sure what airlines are partners/accepted

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 12, 2014 at 9:42 am
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
some of us arent. and it has to be renewed right? so cant buy US status for example just to get it. but they do have the frequent visistor thing for anyone, if youre hitting multiple stops in asia via HKG. i havent looked at it very hard (versus doing point-to-point) but getting an FS HK apartment for a month then bouncing around might be an interesting option.

but yes mostly very frequent travelers on flyertalk including this forum, including in premium classes.
The HK frequent traveler is valid as long as your passport. To renew is also very easy and free. Definitely worth doing if you are headed to HK more than a couple of times a year. I recently switched to my new (renewed) passport and it took less than five minutes to update everything and get a new barcode.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedbird001
Take the airport express train. It leaves right from the terminal- a 3 minute walk from baggage claim. As you board the train call the FS and tell them you are boarding the train. A driver will meet you when you exit in HK and 3 minutes to the hotel.
+1: This is the fastest way to the FSHK.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:09 pm

Is there a fast track through immigration? Is the queue jump referred to above for immigration or customs?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by onehitrenegade
Is there a fast track through immigration? Is the queue jump referred to above for immigration or customs?
There is a fast track available for elite members from a number of airlines, but not for your first visit. On your first visit, you go through immigration and then immediately after can go into an office and apply for (and get) a passport sticker which will allow you to use e-lanes for all subsequent interactions, including departures.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:59 pm

There is a fast track available for elite members from a number of airlines, but not for your first visit. On your first visit, you go through immigration and then immediately after can go into an office and apply for (and get) a passport sticker which will allow you to use e-lanes for all subsequent interactions, including departures.
Got it. Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thank you kindly for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.