Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

How to make the most of my stay at the Regent Berlin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties

So I've stayed at 4* properties before, but for our anniversary I've booked two nights at the Regent for my girlfriend and I, using points. I understand this should be a great hotel, and am wondering if there are anythings I should try out (without being a pest of course!). Or is it as simple as arriving and enjoying?
Old Apr 28, 2006, 7:52 pm

This hotel is SOOOOO nice - loved everything about it. Very upscale, attentive staff, great location. I was there last October and loved it. The restaurant was great as well. Check out www.tripadvisor.com...you'll get some great feedback from people who have stayed there as recently as this month.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
You should request a room overlooking the Gendarmenmarkt (Square) - rooms on the 7th and 8th floor have "Juliet" balconies and very nice views of the twin cathedrals and the Konzerthaus.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 10:42 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
You should request a room overlooking the Gendarmenmarkt (Square) - rooms on the 7th and 8th floor have "Juliet" balconies and very nice views of the twin cathedrals and the Konzerthaus.
I stayed here in July 2004, shortly before the changeover to Regent, and had requested Gendarmenmarkt view. We had booked a Deluxe room. We were allocated a room on the 8th floor (it is, I think, the only deluxe twin room in the hotel, and is a connecting room to the Presidential Suite) with 2 juliet balconies with a view of the Gendarmenmarkt. Beautiful room!! We spent much time with the sliding doors open, listening to the open air concerts being performed in the square.

Be sure to cross the street (Behrenstrasse, I think) to the south of the hotel and dine at Aigner, a great restaurant with moderate prices for excellent food.

There are some great high end shops in Mitte, some of which are tucked away.....
Old May 1, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
We loved the hotel as well - had a great room overlooking the Gendarmenmarkt (with balcony) as well. We found the Concierge staff to be really helpful and were even driven by one of them to a restaurant on the East side that he recommended. We also enjoyed taking the upper deck bus around the city the first day, to get our bearings. Concerts were good (we were there on the anniversary of V-E day) - great city, clean, and nice people. Enjoy!
Old May 10, 2006, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Thank you all for your suggestions! We're off friday morning and my girlfriends still knows nothing...
Old May 12, 2006, 1:05 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Thank you all for your suggestions! We're off friday morning and my girlfriends still knows nothing...
Hope you and your girlfriends have fun!! Do report back on your stay afterwards; it is always nice to have recent feedback and information!!
Old May 14, 2006, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luxury
Hope you and your girlfriends have fun!! Do report back on your stay afterwards; it is always nice to have recent feedback and information!!
I'm at the Regent right now, enjoying my second night here with my one and only girlfriend . The staff has been very helpful and friendly, providing excellent service. You could tell this even from the way they answered an email I wrote them. You can really tell the difference from a 4 star hotel. We didn't get any room upgrade, but at least have a corner room facing a street. Location is good and amneties many. I like the turndown-service, which was attentive to details. Unfortunately I forgot a "Do not disturb" sign on the door this afternoon so we came back to the room as we left it... Oh well, there are worse tragedies in life. Internet connection is free and fast.

On the downside in my opinion are the prices for extras, that the minibar is expensive was expected (half a bottle of wine €25). But the playstation provided cost €9 per hour! That is really a lot. Also I haven't seen any sign of environmental thinking, hopefully there are some though.

What was really excellent was the breakfast though. Great menu choices, but almost too much silver on the table. We're allocating a lot more time for it tomorrow... Then taking the 8 hour bus ride back to Sweden...

I have a question though; there was a nice bottle of water and some fruit & chocolate provided in our room both yesterday and today. Is this part of the standard service or given to us because of my SAS gold status?

Ps. Nothing found behind the drawers
Old May 15, 2006, 2:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks Gnopps for the great review..

I have a booking at the hotel in 3 weeks time.... I can't remember the room type... but looking forward to it...

Did you check out the fitness facility? and how far is the hotel to the berlin wall?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.