Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Four Seasons Guest Advisory Board

Anyone else get this email?

Dear Mr. [Blumie],

Because you travel frequently and stay with us often, we are always looking for ways to make your Four Seasons experiences more enjoyable. We recently created something that may be of interest in that regard. It's called the Four Seasons Guest Advisory Board and we would like to invite you to participate.

If you accept this invitation, we will ask you to complete Four Seasons surveys periodically. We will e-mail you surveys only as often as you would like to receive them from us, and of course, you will have the opportunity to decline participation at any time.

The surveys will be sent to you by Delvinia Interactive, a company that specializes in this type of research. We would like to assure you that the information gathered will be kept strictly confidential and will not be used for any other purpose, in accordance with Four Seasons Privacy Policy, which is available at http://www.fourseasons.com/privacy.html.

If you have any questions related to our Guest Advisory Board, you can contact us either by e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone at 1 (416) 445-9193.

To accept our invitation to participate in the Four Seasons Guest Advisory Board, please click here.

We greatly appreciate your continuing support of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.

Yours sincerely,

Wolf Hengst
President
Worldwide Hotel Operations
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Old Apr 21, 2006, 7:21 pm

well blumie......i certainly did not get it.....maybe luxury did..........and other fans of FS.......
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:30 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got it, and I don't consider myself THAT frequent a customer.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:08 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
I didn't get it but we stay there more for vacation than business travel even though it is quite consistent each year (we are owners at Aviara). It may be that they are looking for input from business/frequent night per years guests.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
In other words: please fill in all these questionnaires free of charge for our marketing advisers, oh and we'll slap the name 'Guest Advisory Board' onto it so you can feel important.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:57 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

What, I ain't really important? I feel horrible now!

Seriously, I almost always refuse to participate in market research. I've rejected offers of up to $100 to participate in focus groups. I particularly enjoy the cheapies that try to make me feel guilty by enclosing a dollar bill, which I cheerfully pocket as I am throwing away the survey.

However, this is a company that I (possibly naively) believe will listen to the results.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
What, I ain't really important? I feel horrible now!

Seriously, I almost always refuse to participate in market research. I've rejected offers of up to $100 to participate in focus groups. I particularly enjoy the cheapies that try to make me feel guilty by enclosing a dollar bill, which I cheerfully pocket as I am throwing away the survey.

However, this is a company that I (possibly naively) believe will listen to the results.
I agree. Although I usually share NickW's cynical view about these things, I do have faith in the Four Seasons organization to use the information constructively -- and to find a nice way to thank those who choose to participate.
Old May 16, 2006, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
I agree. Although I usually share NickW's cynical view about these things, I do have faith in the Four Seasons organization to use the information constructively -- and to find a nice way to thank those who choose to participate.
After spending 10 minutes responding to the first survey, I received a $50 FS gift card in the mail. Not a bad return on my time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.