Search

The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:31 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by wripro
And if you want to stay in the Nisantasi area I much prefer the Park Hyatt to the RC.
We also had a fabulous holiday stay at the Park Hyatt. And the new St Regis, which wasn't her open, is only a block away and has been reviewed as just as good if not better than the PH.

We found the RC to be over-hyped and not nearly as luxe...and the neighborhood to be sorely lacking.

Surprisingly, we didn't love the FS Bosphorus. It has an enviable location on the Bosphorus coast, but we detested the all-marble, overdone decor...not to mention the absurd price points. To get an actual Bosphorus view room, rates were 3x that of much nicer PH (and now StR) junior suites. It was a terrible cost-benefit IMO.

The FS Sultanahmet is a beautiful property, but it's also overpriced due to its proximity to the major tourist sites. That being said, all of the best restaurants and shopping in the city are much closer to the PH, StR, and FS Bosphorus. So we were very happy to be at the PH since we ar major foodies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.