Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

What are the worst RC and FS properties?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the worst RC and FS properties?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
you realize its not managed by RC?
Yes, and I remember when it was sold. And I remember being confused that it kept the name.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Istanbul

Ritz-Carlton Istanbul is pretty poor, considering the other options nearby. The Four Seasons Bosphorous and Park Hyatt nearby are far better.

In fact, the RC is really no better than the Hyatt Regency across the street in my opinion. And it's a horrendous blight on the skyline.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by happymommy
Another RC that I had (maybe it was the same girl?) a rude club concierge was in St. Louis, Missouri. I returned with my two kids both asleep one afternoon (there were toddler and preschool age), so my two friends helped me lay them on a sofa in the lounge while we had a coke and visited. No one else was up there. The concierge came over, and in front of my friends said she'd have to charge me to have them up there. For a coke!?!? I was like you are kidding, right? I checked out the next day, wrote a letter to management, and stayed elsewhere for the next week. All I got was a phone call, no apology. Now St. Louis has a FS, so maybe it will give the RC some competition (there are no other luxury hotels in the city).
OK, so no one else was there when you arrived, but is it really appropriate to have children (or anyone) sprawled out asleep on the sofa in the club lounge?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by happymommy
Another RC that I had (maybe it was the same girl?) a rude club concierge was in St. Louis, Missouri. I returned with my two kids both asleep one afternoon (there were toddler and preschool age), so my two friends helped me lay them on a sofa in the lounge while we had a coke and visited. No one else was up there. The concierge came over, and in front of my friends said she'd have to charge me to have them up there. For a coke!?!? I was like you are kidding, right? I checked out the next day, wrote a letter to management, and stayed elsewhere for the next week. All I got was a phone call, no apology. Now St. Louis has a FS, so maybe it will give the RC some competition (there are no other luxury hotels in the city).
Isn't that kinda the deal, though? The fact that they were drinking only cokes isn't really relevant, as it is only part of the value proposition being offered for having use of an exclusive lounge.

Not trying to be snide or anything, but the RC St. Louis has plenty of other places where you can entertain guests if you don't want to pay for the use of the lounge.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by luxury
The worst FS property I have stayed at so far is the Beverly Wilshire.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 1:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by nicolas75
FS manages properties that are called by another name other than FS, such as Ritz-Carlton Chicago and the Beverly Wilshire.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: mosttraveledpeople.com
Quote:

Quote:

The Beverly Wilshire is indeed a Four Seasons.

My most negative experiences:

RC Istanbul (from the outside)

FS Maldives Kuda Huraa (relative to the competition on the islands)
FS Toronto
Old Oct 3, 2009, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TrophyCollector
Quote:

Quote:

The Beverly Wilshire is indeed a Four Seasons.
My was here just because the Beverly Wilshire is a superb property with excellent service (maybe there is a confusion with the other FS in Beverly Hills, where I did not stay)
Old Oct 3, 2009, 6:12 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
My was here just because the Beverly Wilshire is a superb property with excellent service (maybe there is a confusion with the other FS in Beverly Hills, where I did not stay)
I am sure the BW has improved since our stay but it was so bad the hotel refunded us our money. Apparently, the hotel's occupancy, meetings, etc, exploded and they were under-staffed. Their systems collapsed and it was utter chaos.

30 minutes to check-in; 45 minutes to check-out. 30 minutes for luggage to be delivered; 25 minutes for a bellman to collect luggage. Virtually impossible to speak with anyone on the phones without repeated attempts.

This was the worst FS experience I had ever had -- I do like the hotel and its location. I will give it another try the next time I am in BH.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 8:44 pm
formerly lelandv

Ritz STL---seems to be lost in the mid 1990's.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 12:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by lelandv
That's true of many Ritz-Carlton properties.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
RC Montreal and St. Louis are very poor. I don't go there any more.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
Have to say that my "worst" FS and RC are still way better than many other hotels' "best" but ...

FS Vancouver - our 1 bed/ 2 bath "suite" (read: 2 bedrooms with a hole in the connecting wall) had bathrooms smaller than the average airport 3 star hotel and had not seen a decorator in decades. Public areas and service still v good though.

Worst RC: only for decor: the suites at RC Naples Golf (truly vile and put me off returning).
Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lelandv
I see that and raise you the four seasons palm beach florida which looks like it was lost in the late 60's early 70's.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, AA 2 million miler,Concierge Key, BA Ex Gold, One World Emerald
Originally Posted by Earthman
I see that and raise you the four seasons palm beach florida which looks like it was lost in the late 60's early 70's.
Wow...if this traditional look is "lost", may I suggest the "W" chain for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.