Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice Lodging Near Arches National Park?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
Question Nice Lodging Near Arches National Park?

This may be asking for too much - but does anyone know of a really nice hotel (can't bring myself to use the word luxury) in this area?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Your best bet may be one of the lodges inside the park itself:

http://www.nationalparkreservations....hes/arches.htm

At least a couple seem to be interesting. You're definitely off the beaten path in southern Utah!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:04 pm
KLR

Programs: AA Plat for life, DL Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wintersummer
This may be asking for too much - but does anyone know of a really nice hotel (can't bring myself to use the word luxury) in this area?
There are no hotels within Arches Natl. Park but the town of Moab is only a few miles from the park entrance. You're right, "luxury" is not a word to use in Moab but we have tried several of the motels in town and like the Best Western Canyonlands Inn the best. It's nothing fancy (nothing in town is) but it's clean & conveniently located right in the center of town with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I believe there are some fancy hotels (guest ranches) outside of town but then you'd have a pretty good drive if you're going into to town for dinner.

The hotel serves a "free" breakfast in the lobby but we skip that and walk a block down Main Street to the Jailhouse Cafe for a terrific breakfast, just what you need before a day of 4-wheeling and hiking. For dinner there are two very nice "gourmet" restaurants in town the "Center Cafe" and "Desert Bistro", both within walking distance of the BW.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
There are two lodges in the greater Moab metroplex that are a notch or two above the motels in town - Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Red Cliffs Lodge.

As unlikely as it sounds (based on the name) I think the nicest place actually in Moab is probably The Gonzo Inn.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
These Looks Like Some Good Options

Originally Posted by danBfree
There are two lodges in the greater Moab metroplex that are a notch or two above the motels in town - Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Red Cliffs Lodge.

As unlikely as it sounds (based on the name) I think the nicest place actually in Moab is probably The Gonzo Inn.
DanBFree - Some good options! Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:29 am

Moab serves both as the name of the city and a description of the lodging in town. We tried a B&B or two, wound up at the nondescript Best Western.

But I'd strongly echo KLR's recommendation of the Center Cafe -- an unexpectedly great find.

(If you're looking for a silver lining, you're way better off being outside somewhere than lolling around a comfortable room. And don't miss Dead Horse Canyon State Park -- it's spectacular.)
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'd second KLR's recommendation of the Jailhouse Cafe for a great breakfast. There's also a decidedly non-gourmet brewpub that has some very nice beers and good enough food.

A couple of excursions that I'd recommend, depending on how long you're going to be in the Moab area, are Little Wild Horse / Bell Canyons and Horseshoe Canyon. Each is a day trip in its own right with a couple of hours of driving and a half-day of hiking involved, but they're both fantastic experiences, and get you a lot farther away from the pavement than the typical day in Arches will let you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.