Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

What makes a top rated luxury hotel the best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What makes a top rated luxury hotel the best?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2005, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Kibison
Yes, the interior of the Burj is a bit garish
For my taste, "bit" would be the ultimate in understatement.

but the service was top notch. It is excellent but different.
If "excellent but different" service means refusing to check me out for 10-15 minutes whilst a butler was found to go to my room (which would have taken the check out person and me 30 seconds to walk to) to ensure that I wasn't lying when I said that I hadn't taken anything from the mini bar the previous evening, and the concierge giving me less information about shops than I was able to find myself on the Internet in 5 minutes, well then yes, service was outstanding, and certainy unusual.

I'm not having a go at you! You just couched your initial assertion in such a certain way that I wanted to point out that there is a legitimate alternative view on this.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 3:23 am

No problem. This has been my day for being bashed.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 4:59 am

No problem. This has been my day for being bashed.
I do hope that you don't feel like that - it was certainly not my intention!
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:16 am

Programs: some
Darn, and I thought I had chosen one of the best places to really treat myself for finishing my PhD...
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:51 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by Fliar
Darn, and I thought I had chosen one of the best places to really treat myself for finishing my PhD...
Congratulations Dr. Fliar!! or Fliar, PhD!! I hope to be in your position in another year and a half.....
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:20 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by luxury
Congratulations Dr. Fliar!! or Fliar, PhD!! I hope to be in your position in another year and a half.....
Good luck!! The last 1 1/2 years were the easiest
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:56 am

Similar story at the Four Seasons New York. I was interning in New York last summer and my parents came to visit a few times and we stayed at the FS. A week later, I was out with a friend at Tao next door on Madison and was leaving when it started raining; walking past the FS, the bellman recognized me as having been a guest and brought me an umbrella. Never even had to ask...

Things like that go a long way!

Originally Posted by Pickles
Here's another example. Mrs. Pickles is having lunch at the Cafe at the MOHK. It starts raining cats and dogs. She leaves the Cafe and waits outside with three other women (not with her, but leaving the Cafe at the same time) for the rain to slow down. A staffer at the Cafe sees the scene, fetches four umbrellas and gives them to the four women.

And she wasn't even staying there.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I was at the FS Las Colinas last fall and while the staff didn't perform any outlandish cust service miracles, a few of them were so damn nice without being obsequious that it still causes me to blush when I think about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.