Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Punta Mita?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Four Seasons Punta Mita?

I would like to know any thought on the Four Seasons PuntaMita. What about the property/setting? Besides the beach view, it is an impressive resort in terms of luxury and architecture? How does it compares with other four seasons resorts like Hawaii, Nevis, etc.... Or Ventanas al Paraiso (Mexico). Is it one of the best resorts in the world as some reviews have suggested?

I will appreciate any comment with regard to this property.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
Never been. But i've researched it heavily. Everything i've read suggested that it truly is one of the best resorts in the world.

The only common negative i've heard is that the resort is a little isolated.

I recommend you check out some of the reviews at tripadvisor.com
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:33 pm

Programs: aa e-plat 3 mm; ca plat; spg plat; hilton dia
there last summer

stayed 6 nights last june, my wife and two 16 year old girls

resort is on par with others you mention, not quite the magic of hualallai but close

location is isolated but awesome, pool overlooking beach is something special

make sure you arrange in advance for a private dinner on the lookout, they only serve 3 meals a night and are sold out 3 months in advance

activities, girls took private surfing lesson which was done very well, all of us went on an atv tour that was quite fun (and dirty, I threw away my clothes after they accumulated so much flying dirt - we all wore bandanas over our face, it was great but you ave to be ready for it) we went right on a deserted beach and stoped mid way in a small beach town and had a decent lunch

rooms are in two areas, beachfront one story and then several three story buildings cascading up a hill to the main property...we had second floor 1bd suite and connecting double in third building...we found it fine but a bit of a hike to dinner, pool, beach and health club...older less mobile types may not enjoy

becahfront is awesome, we checked out two rooms and an exec suite and we will return there w/out girls

health club and spa are all you would expect...excellent

dining was a challenge - 2 restaurants one under a thatched roof across from the pool open air, the food was ok, they had a childrens buffet that actually looked better than some of the fare they served plated to us...the fish tacos were good but anything else was mediocre at best

the fine dining rest was much better (does not seem to make much sense as seeme dliked staffed teh same but it was)...fish was always cooked well and tasty, girls had challenges with steak....wine list was interesting, experimented with mex wines and found some good surprises - and some like motor oil

had room service bfast each day as part of stay and it was kick a**, highlight of food events by far...

golf course interesting and challenging, fairly tight and a creative "extra hole" out off the beach that they use a special atv to run you out to when the tide is high and the walkway is covered by the tide (girls loved it - very different and memorable)

the part the girls still talk about though was the service around the pool - food and bev were fast, smart and pricey as usual, nachos and other lunch fare done well - and while they are spoiled enough to expect the evian spritz and haagen das treats - they loved the sunglass butler who came by 2x a day to clean their sunglasses, cool touch

I think you will enjoy it, long ride form airport but we loved it, only challenge for me is only having one course to play on gets me down, no one else in my group cares though

if you want beach and pool, can get by on bfast and snacks and are looking to chill - you can not beat this spot - that is what my wife and girls want, this year we are headed to fs great exuma in july for same type of experience
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
They are offering a third night free promotion during the summer and early autumn:

http://www.fourseasons.com/puntamita...&force_v2=true
Old Apr 21, 2005, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up FS Punta Mita

Thank you Carlyle for such a nice report.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:08 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Excellent Report, will try to go there soon if I wasn't in love wit Southeast Asia this much.

Pool, Hotel and Golf sond excellent. What more could I ask for ???
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
fabulous spot.

stayed there about four years ago, even the crowd was lovely it's a beautiful spot and does remind me of hualalai; the pool is stunning and the beach is nice, although i do recall it being a bit of a walk. we walked into 'town' and ate a few times just to get away from the resort, had terrific, cheap local cuisine, but got the impression that not many folks from the resort did that. (it's not exactly scenic, it's mexico for pete's sake...but the food was great in town and i rather like being able to do both--ritzy resort and down-home local.)
i suspect the town has grown up quite a bit, but we found it isolated as did carlyle.

slightly ot, last year we went to esperanza in cabo, which i'd do again in a heartbeat.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 4:19 pm

esperanza

Now there is a spot for me

Golf in cabo is killer

We were at Esperanza for three nights this past Christmas and I loved it, still cant decide if drinks by the blazing fire or dinner under the thatched roof was my favorite part....this place has AWESOME food....

Anyway the difference between the two (Punta Mita & Cabo corridor) is huge...Punta is isolated and small, it is nothing more than a hotel...while there is no avoiding the "part of something bigger" feel you will get at any of the awesome Cabo places (Espe, Vent, Palmilla....)

Those properties are really developed and there is also an "air" about them....
the building of new timeshare properties and just general bent towards development....the one nice thing about punta is there is nothing really going on like that...both 4 seasons as well as rockrose's attempts at developing the area further has been stymied....

One other impression (and it is just one opinion not a fact) is when we are at these cool cabo resorts, everyone is looking at everyone else to see who they are....and yes each time we have had a celebrity of some sort when we were there...while punta seemed much more relaxed, no one cared who was who and we pretty much stayed to ourselves and everyone else as well....my wife really is into that and when I told her I posted here she reminded me to mention

The last is kids...we were at Palmilla over thanksgiving and everywhere...I dont know why but something about sitting poolside to the cacophony of "marco...polo" really drives me nuts....

Now when we traveled with our young ones, we stayed away from the high end properties, basically because they would not have enjoyed it (they would have been on a pretty tight leash as well)...And this christmas we were joined by my sister who has a 7 and 12 year old, we moved over to the Hilton Los Cabos...which I would highly recommend by the way even without kids and it is a fraction of the cost of the big 3 - vent, esper and palm...

sorry for rambling but struggling how to communictae the differnece between these great spots....let us know how it works for you wherever you end up
Old Apr 23, 2005, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

FS Punta Mita

Carlyle,

Would you choose then any of the properties that you mentioned in the cabo area over FS Punta Mita. Or FS PM is equally a beutiful property? You said that FS PM is smaller, but the design and facilities are on par with other top resorts that you have visited? Do you consider FS PM an impressive property?

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2005, 9:25 am

Most definetly

Oh yes, there is no doubt it
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Thumbs up

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first saw it from a boat while on a fishing trip from Puerto Vallarta.
It was unbelievable.

GO!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 1:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Hualalai v. Las Ventanas v. Punta Mita

My fiance and I went to Hualalai this spring and just loved it. As we are looking at possible Honeymoon destinations, we are beginning to narrow it down to Las Ventanas v. Punta Mita. Any comparisons?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:30 am

the fourth night free is enticing...anyone ever been to PVR in september? to be avoided then?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI 5th night free is offered past september
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
I was there w/ my family a couple of years back. The place is spectacular. Wonderful beach. Impeccable grounds. Warm staff. I'd go back there in a heartbeat. It's my wife's all time favorite resort.

We found the food on site to be just fair (but I find FS food to be that way in general). There was a small Italian restaurant just outside the property that was fantastic. So much so that we ate there 3 times!

Although a bit out of the way, that's what we were looking for so no surprises there.

I highly recommend this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.