Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo - any tips?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo - any tips?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion
Question Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo - any tips?

We will be staying at the Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo October 17-20 in a seaview suite. Any tips about the hotel I should be aware of?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Be sure to rub the right hoof of the horse statue when you come in the door - it is good luck and people will think you have been there before!
Also, eat in the Alain Ducasse restaurant and make reservations before you get there - they are busy for dinner!
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
This is a hotel with a disproportionately large number of suites, if I remember rightly. Guests in the standard rooms are treated like dirt in comparison - the rooms are really not up to scratch compared to a FS or RC.

The cheap seaview rooms are very small - we were in one about 18 months ago on a corporate trip. (On the bright side, most of my colleagues got a dark atrium view ...) A colleague of mine complained about his lack of view (and, indeed, scaffolding covering his window) and was told they were full. Next day he checked out and paid his bill with his Amex Centurion to the same front desk clerk. The clerk said to him: 'Oh I'm sorry, if I knew you had one of these I would have moved you".

However, in a suite, you should be OK. You can't complain about the location, and the bar and public areas are very impressive. Never ate in the restaurant, sadly.

If you really want a seaview suite, you may also want to consider the Palais de la Mediterrannee in Nice, the brand new five-star right on the seafront. We were there over Easter and it is very impressive. Actually, the Executive Rooms probably have better views than the suites because of where they are in the building.

Last edited by RJB; Apr 20, 2005 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:03 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Bring LOTS of money; arrive in a Bentley, Rolls Royce, Maybach, or supercar, Lambo, Ferrari (arriving in an S class is declassé), wear your best clothes and especially accessories; and definitely go to Le Louis XV, Ducasses outpost in the hotel. What an experience!!! My sister and I arrived in an E class Mercedes and boy were we did feel a tad self-conscious with all the Rollers, Bentleys, Lambos, Ferraris and Aston-Martins.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luxury
My sister and I arrived in an E class Mercedes and boy were we did feel a tad self-conscious with all the Rollers, Bentleys, Lambos, Ferraris and Aston-Martins.
Are you sure it wasn't the sweatpants and tank top you were wearing?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 4:04 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by Doppy
Are you sure it wasn't the sweatpants and tank top you were wearing?
I actually thought I looked quite nice in my Kiton blazer and shirt, Brioni trousers, and Zegna tie. Sister was in her Armani pant suit too!!

And what are sweat pants? I don't own any.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:08 pm

Programs: aa e-plat 3 mm; ca plat; spg plat; hilton dia
amenities

hdp has best free slippers of teh 500+ hotels we have stayed in over the years, dont know why that is my best memory of the hotel but it is

defintely check out the spa and pool area, the sun porch overlooking teh harbor is awesome

agree on cars, wow, some awesome ones on display

it took us 4 rooms to find the right one, the luggage attendant wll help you find the right room if you ask and reward him in advance
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by luxury
Bring LOTS of money; arrive in a Bentley
I drive a Continental GT on normal days so it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:24 am

Programs: aa e-plat 3 mm; ca plat; spg plat; hilton dia
what are the non-normal days like...are you carried about by a band of accolytes in a gilded carriage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.