Wiki Posts
Search

Eden vs. Excelsior in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa e-plat 3 mm; ca plat; spg plat; hilton dia
Eden vs. Excelsior in Rome

Going to Rome this summer for three days pre-cruise.

2 couples no children.

Looking for premium hotel experince, one person in party hates small rooms, everyone looking for gracious service and relaxing not hassled experience.

Booked 2 deluxe category rooms at the excelsior due to starwood platinum status as well as great experience there 10 years ago. MY wife and I had a huge room with an ok bath. But we loved the via venetto and the "old world experience" of the property, we really were looking forward to going back.

After reading reviews on some other sites I am not sure this is what we thought it was, but some sites seem to have folks that just do not look at things the way we do and I am having trouble filtering the noise from real data.

I got nervous though and looked at lhw properties as we have leaders club privleges. Found two "studio" doubles at the eden. Now that Rome seems to be getting overun with visitors and it will probably be crushed in June when we are going, I am not counting on upgrades at either property as much as I once was.

Any advice from recent visits at either hotel would help a ton. I have both reservations active but feel guilty keeping them and would like to release one so someone else can obtain.

Please try not to suggest a third hotel as availability is now really tight and i need to get this done.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
I have stayed at Eden and I would happily return. The roof top lounge and rest have the MOST commanding view of Rome I have ever seen. The service was excellent. My room was small at best. I had a comfortable exnterance way and very nice large luxurious bath. The sleeping room fit a queen size bed and left little if any room to walk. Eden is obviously an old hotel but very nicely renovated, perfect location, and excellent staff.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa e-plat 3 mm; ca plat; spg plat; hilton dia
Thanks

That is helpful, we are booked into a studio queen, was that the same room type you describe here where teh bed almost touches the walls?
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:58 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Rooms in the Excelsior are larger....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.