Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barcelona, advice?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2004, 2:51 am

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
Claris

Another vote for the Claris. It is a great hotel, with superb service. If you can afford it stay in a suite. When I stayed there I had the suite that appears on the photo on the SLH's website. The room is upstairs and the living room downstairs, 2 bathrooms, and a sauna. Service was 5 stars. On our arrival we had a bottle of champagne and a bowl of fresh strawberries waiting for us. I have a review on the Claris at epinions.com. It's an amazing hotel!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
I just finished a four day stay at the Ritz and have to concur with other responders. Excellent location, very attractive public rooms, dreary bedrooms, surprisingly poor service, totally unacceptable, run down fitness center and, of course, high prices. The Arts, which I've stayed at in the past, was, to my mind ,a truly excellent hotel, with unusually fine, modern rooms, great views, but an inconvenient location for business or tourism. Having said that I'd prefer it on a future stay.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:16 pm

Eurostar Grand Marina

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Marina in Barcelona during our European honeymoon, and it was wonderful. It is right on the waterfront near the olympic stadium, and has amazing views of the city and the water....

Our suite had a beautiful balcony, and the room and bathroom were appointed with the finest linens, fabrics, and delightfully comfortable beds.

Since the hotel is relatively new (and built by I.M. Pei's firm), you can expect a fluid modernity mixed with hints of asian and maritime influence.

The service was outstanding, the food delicious, and our room was a welcome retreat from our days in the city.

My parents live abroad, and we've stayed at all kinds of hotels in Europe. We considered the Florida (too far away from the excitement of the city) and The Ritz, but settled on the Grand Marina and are so happy we did. We received sparkling wine each day, afternoon snacks delivered to our room, and the staff took such good care of us.

Check out their website - it's an amazing place.

Cheers and Best,
Denise
Old Oct 23, 2004, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by VacationLover
My husband and I stayed at the Grand Marina in Barcelona during our European honeymoon, and it was wonderful. It is right on the waterfront near the olympic stadium, and has amazing views of the city and the water....

The service was outstanding, the food delicious, and our room was a welcome retreat from our days in the city.

Cheers and Best,
Denise
Very glad to hear this - the service was awful when we were there last year. It's a great location & sleek hotel - good to know they got it together.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 2:48 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Recent updates on La Florida?

Going back to BCN in May, any recent stays at La Florida anyone? Room preferences, how're they doing with upgrades for Leader's Club Members?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.