Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Island Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2004, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Luxury Island Hotel

I am looking for a luxury Island hotel anywhere in the world. I want something with less than 100 rooms and perfect service. Does anyone have any suggestions. If you don't know of any hotels, could you give a region where I might find one?
Old Aug 14, 2004, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
To answer your question with the very limited information presented, check out the Aman Resorts properties.

But what are you looking for in an island resort? (I mean, do Hawaiian properties count? )
Old Aug 15, 2004, 1:10 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Maybe Richard Branson's Necker Island?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Wakaya Club, Fiji is fabulous - I think only 8 bures, but there may be 10 now. Send me a PM if you want more info - we loved it.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:06 am
Original Poster

That's the Hotel! I just came back form the Las Ventanas al Paraiso Resort in Los Cabos, Mexico. The service was unparalleled to anything I have ever experienced. I am looking for something along that line. I want to go somewhere different. Everyone goes to Hawaii or the Caribbean. I want something like Monaco or St. Tropez or some island in Italy or even Greece. I checked out that hotel and LOVE it. You must have had a great time. one question I forgot to ask, what kind of transportation from Nadi airport did they provide? Was it a private jet? One last thing. Is that $1800 for 5 night, their minimum or is it just every night and you must stay for more than 5?

Last edited by First_Class_Flyer; Aug 16, 2004 at 10:31 am
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
There is a series of hotel books by Thames and Hudson,
(www.thamesandhudson.com), I have few - Hip hotels and Ski hotels, one of the titles is Escape hotels which I have looked at, it has some fantastic sea-side/island hotels featured.

Last edited by Alinlondon; Aug 16, 2004 at 11:56 am
Old Aug 16, 2004, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by First_Class_Flyer
That's the Hotel! I just came back form the Las Ventanas al Paraiso Resort in Los Cabos, Mexico. The service was unparalleled to anything I have ever experienced. I am looking for something along that line. I want to go somewhere different. Everyone goes to Hawaii or the Caribbean. I want something like Monaco or St. Tropez or some island in Italy or even Greece. I checked out that hotel and LOVE it. You must have had a great time. one question I forgot to ask, what kind of transportation from Nadi airport did they provide? Was it a private jet? One last thing. Is that $1800 for 5 night, their minimum or is it just every night and you must stay for more than 5?
I replied to your PM, but pls disregard the 1st one - someone had asked about the 4 Seasons Great Exuma, which we just returned from & I mixed the two up... Private jet (definitely their own private plane, but I've been on a lot of planes & it's been a couple of years - might have been a prop due to the shorter runways). It was about $1300/nt when we were there, 5 nt min. Try to do 6 or 7 if you can - you'll be jello when you leave with tears in your eyes. Everything is included - gourmet meals, fine wines, champagnes, all sports (I think deep sea fishing addtnl) including amazing diving,... The Fijians are just wonderful people & kind, thoughtful & charming service. this is probably the most romantic place I've ever been in my life - but I haven't been to Los Ventanas yet!
Old Aug 16, 2004, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Oh that's fine. I have to apologize also. I asked you a few questions in a PM that you answered here, sorry. You have to go to Las Ventanas. It's just like the Wakaya Club. The hotel has only 61 rooms. It's very private and their service is absolutely perfect. I had tears in my eyes when I left. I think I may go for the Wakaya Club.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Do you have any suggestions for great hotels in the South of France? I hear that Continental is joining Air France's frequent flyer program and I have enough miles to upgrade.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 5:26 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Of course, I always have to throw in the Aman.....Amanpulo in the Cuyo Islands would fit the bill. We'll be there in early December. I recommend a Deluxe Hillside casita for the very best views.
www.amanresorts.com

The Four Seasons Maldives would also be nice, though I don't have personal experience. Lots of guys on this forum rave about it.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Do you have any suggestions for great hotels in the South of France? I hear that Continental is joining Air France's frequent flyer program and I have enough miles to upgrade.
There is a new Four Seasons in Provence, but I haven't heard any good reviews yet. There is Eden Roc near Nice. It's the height of snootiness. They won't even take credit cards. You have your bank wire them the money. There are loads of very nice hotels that don't quite fall into the world-class luxury group though.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:47 am

If you are not limited to Europe, Pangkor Laut resort in Malaysia is very good(http://www.pangkorlautresort.com/). There is nothing on the island (Pangkor Laut) other than this resort. It has villas over the sea, in the forest, and on the beach, as well as some separate estates, which may be more to your liking. We found the service to be excellent, and the location idyllic. It has been five or so years since we were there, though.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
There is a new Four Seasons in Provence, but I haven't heard any good reviews yet. There is Eden Roc near Nice. It's the height of snootiness. They won't even take credit cards. You have your bank wire them the money. There are loads of very nice hotels that don't quite fall into the world-class luxury group though.

I really like the snooty scene. Would you happen to have a web site for that property?
Old Aug 17, 2004, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
http://www.edenroc-hotel.fr/
Old Aug 17, 2004, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, US Air Silver Preferred, BA ExecSilver
Last year we stayed at the Chateau du Domaine St. Martin near Vence and it is a wonderful place with beautiful views and fantastic location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.