Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Should the Butler do it? (pack & unpack, that is)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2004, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Many top-class hotels provide "butler" service. Have you asked, or would you ask, the butler at a place like the HK Pen to unpack and pack your bags?

(I no longer live at Gosford Park, so I have no direct experience with having a butler at home. Even then, I'm not sure if it would be the butler or the valet who would do the packing and unpacking.)
Old Jul 2, 2004, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't, but this is certainly well within the bounds of a "reasonable" request for a butler.

If they refused to do it or made a fuss, I'd wonder what the point of the butler service was.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 4:15 pm

I thought it strange at first, but grew to love it (particularly having them do the packing prior to departure).
Old Jul 3, 2004, 10:23 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

The unpacking (on arrival) is even better than the packing (on departure) Everything is just so well organized. Wonderful way to begin and end a trip. Take advantage of this perk, if offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.