Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills - worst hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2002, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All the best ones.
Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills - worst hotel

This Hotel is the worst I've ever had the misfortune to stay in! However, it holds the Hotel of the year award for 2001 for the chain. But hey do not appear to have any clean bed sheets.

I found black hair and big yellow puddle stains on the sheets, mattresses and comforters. I requested to move rooms and the new room had the same problems. Housekeeping came and tried to clean the bed but had to open new sheets because the replacement sheets also had stains.

What a disgusting Hotel!
Old Sep 22, 2002, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free

I wouldn't consider any Crowne Plaza anywhere in the world as a "Luxury Hotel." If this had happened at the Peninsula Beverly Hills, I think you'd have a field day in this forum.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might want to take this up in the Crowne Plaza / Six Continents forum on FT miles:

http://www.flyertalk.com/milesfr

d
Old Sep 23, 2002, 5:29 am

Crowne Plaza does not qualify as a luxury hotel.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Oct 23, 2002, 2:09 pm

I know this isn't the proper forum, but let me chip in my $.02.
we stayed there in August for 3 nights. When we arrived late at night there was a drunk guy hanging around the front door acting, well, drunk. He was a guest at the hotel, and made us quite nervous.
The room was gross, period.
Saturday night the hotel had a party and had music playing loudly until at least 3:00 a.m.
I called security to complain, but noone did anything about it.
Finally, we did not receive our wakeup call and overslept.
When I related all of this to the manager, who was a really nice guy, he gave us the last night free.
But I would never stay there again.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 2:36 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by grupie:

When we arrived late at night there was a drunk guy hanging around the front door acting, well, drunk. He was a guest at the hotel
</font>

Oh man. When did I stay at the Crowne Plaza?
Old Jan 28, 2003, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Stayed here for 3 nights over July 4 weekend (2002) and did not encounter any problems. A tremendous deal at $45/night (via priceline). Security is a bit suspect in the hotel and garage, but the rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable.

nb. Crowne Plaza's do not belong in the same discussion as Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton, or even Hyatt and Marriott.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 4:02 pm

This hotel chain does not belong in this section.

------------------
speedbird001

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.