Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

The Palace in Beijing truly a Peninsula?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2002, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at The Palace Hotel in Beijing recently? I heard they have recently done renovations. I also want to know if it is truly up to the standards of a Peninsula Hotel.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 5:57 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dynasty:
Has anyone stayed at The Palace Hotel in Beijing recently? I heard they have recently done renovations. I also want to know if it is truly up to the standards of a Peninsula Hotel.</font>

In a word - NO

Try the St. Regis
I also hear the new Grand Hyatt is rather well done

[This message has been edited by B Watson (edited 10-17-2002).]
Old Apr 25, 2005, 3:05 pm

I was just there last week. I can't say enough about this hotel. The suite was beautiful (it was the 2 level duplex suite for $220/night) and the staff treated us like royalty. They always addressed us by name, within 24 hours knew our preferences and always were one step ahead of us. The only 2 things keeping me from saying they were 6 star quality were the carpets were a bit worn and the beds were a bit firm - but frankly neither of those were a big deal compared to all the other positive things about this property.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The PEN is not a bad choice at all Beijing. One word of caution:
Figure out where you need to be for work/pleasure and THEN choose a hotel based on location- the traffic in Beijing is horrendous as are the distances you might have to travel. You cannot go wrong with Shangri-La choices in Beijing or the Kempinski if those are closer to where you are working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.