Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cloths under toiletries, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Cloths under toiletries, etc.

Two behaviors from some hotels that I find odd are placing a cloth under toiletries left besides a sink and coiling charging cords that are plugged in. Are these actually useful to anyone? For the charging cords, I have to uncoil them (sometimes removing a ribbon or the like) before use. Are these just signaling? Am I missing something here?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
Two behaviors from some hotels that I find odd are placing a cloth under toiletries left besides a sink and coiling charging cords that are plugged in. Are these actually useful to anyone? For the charging cords, I have to uncoil them (sometimes removing a ribbon or the like) before use. Are these just signaling? Am I missing something here?
I don't like when they use towels under toiletries as this makes it somewhat uneven, but some cloths are quite nice (thin) -- even had monogrammed ones recently at various FS and O&O.

Regarding chargers, most properties these days have what they jokingly call "cable burritos" (all leather... it's a thing!) for cables, charging cords...

It is also a housekeeping protocol to neatly wrap cables around hair dryers... in some instances, few guests rather dislike this -- to the point that they unwrap the cords after each housekeeping service. However, this is often noted in various CRMs and profiles and usually leads to discontinuation of such by housekeeping.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:25 pm
Original Member

I’m ok with cable coiling.
scented likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I don't mind either but probably not so environmentally friendly with the towels.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The one I don't like is sticking my toothbrush into a drinking glass. Happens all the time to me for some reason!
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:42 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
It is also a housekeeping protocol to neatly wrap cables around hair dryers... in some instances, few guests rather dislike this -- to the point that they unwrap the cords after each housekeeping service
Guilty as charged...

I like towels under toiletries though. You can also tell whether housekeeping has real attention to detail by if they evenly space the items on the towel and place all the labels facing forwards each day
scented, FlyerEC and mbutler like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
+1 Coiling is a pet peeve. It makes extra work
for no big visual improvement. I also don't love to have things moved around excessively, like toothbrushes going from glass to towel or
finding a book moved after the staff found it in order to insert a bookmark.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:07 pm

funny seeing a thread with this topic...in my experience the cloth/towel under the toiletries move is pretty common, and in asia i noticed it being done at marriotts, i think they're trying to signal attn to details.
Desirees likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.