Community
Wiki Posts
Search

October Anniversary Trip Ideas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

October Anniversary Trip Ideas

We want to plan a trip for our anniversary in mid October and need ideas. We are in California and are looking for a 3-4 day trip so limited to North America. We want a luxury hotel that is beautiful and preferably romantic with exceptional service and extra details. It could be city or nature destination as long as the property is luxurious. We have been to luxury properties in Napa, Beverly Hills, Big Sur, and all over CA so looking for something different. We are going to NYC this spring so not there either, and also don’t want Florida. We would love to do Amangiri but nightly rates at over $4,000 are a bit too high, and we are going to Amangani this summer. We love Aman and would love a similar property somewhere else. Have also done Cabo (Las Ventanas, O&O, Ritz) and other places in Mexico (O&O Mandarina) but unfortunately got sick last trip in Mexico from the food so don’t feel like going back for now. I really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

Fogo Island Inn is amazing, but likely too far on such a short trip.

San Ysidro Ranch is special.

Charleston is special but I'll let someone who has been there more recently than me suggest a property.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:03 pm
Original Member

Twin Farms, Vermont
Manoir Hovey, Eastern Townships, Quebec
Blackberry Mountain, Tennessee
Little St. Simon’s Island, Georgia
Santa Fe — Inn of the Five Graces or Inn of the Anasazi
Brewery Gulch Inn, south of Mendocino town
Harbor House Inn, Elk, CA
various ski towns, pretty in the Fall, Aspen, Taos, Vail, Jackson,
Auberge du Soleil, Rutherford, Napa
Ericka and bluetraveler7 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by KatW
That reminds me we stayed at St Regis Aspen in mid October. Colors were changing. The hotel was delightful as was the town. I liked the house dog, a Bernese. I'd like to return. We also stayed in Vail and I preferred the village atmosphere of Aspen.
bluetraveler7 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
That reminds me we stayed at St Regis Aspen in mid October. Colors were changing. The hotel was delightful as was the town. I liked the house dog, a Bernese. I'd like to return. We also stayed in Vail and I preferred the village atmosphere of Aspen.
We were actually just looking into Aspen and the St Regis specifically today! Glad to hear that it was a good experience. Thank you everyone for your recommendations!
obscure2k likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:59 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
You wouldn’t want to go to Mexico in October anyway because it’s the rainy season. I like the idea of a mountain/country resort for the fall colors. Kat has a nice list. A dude ranch in Wyoming or Montana would be fun too… most have more to do than just horses.

We liked Paws Up in October. There are a few other really good ones. Prices will look high but most are some sort of all-inclusive so you’ll need to read that carefully.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: all of 'em.
Twin Farms, Vermont
What a great list. Can second Blackberry Mountain, LSS/Georgia and Anasazi.
The rest of these go right on my bucket list. Have wanted to try Twin Farms in partics.
The names Harbour House Inn and Brewery Gulch are completely new to me, so i'm excited to research/learn about them.
In normal (pricing) times i'd add at The Point in the ADKs as worthy of a special anniversary trip. Though recent word is the rates there are just too high, and shackled further with some sort of obscenely exorbitant daily 'resort fee' - much higher than the typical, obscene resort fee - just for staying there. A shame, as at one point it was my favorite resort in the US.

Last edited by cornwall4000; Feb 26, 2024 at 11:33 am
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:48 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Ericka
You wouldn’t want to go to Mexico in October anyway because it’s the rainy season. I like the idea of a mountain/country resort for the fall colors. Kat has a nice list. A dude ranch in Wyoming or Montana would be fun too… most have more to do than just horses.

We liked Paws Up in October. There are a few other really good ones. Prices will look high but most are some sort of all-inclusive so you’ll need to read that carefully.
I’ve been wanting to go to Paws Up.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:26 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
If you wanna do the cowboy thing, the Ranch at Rock Creek might be worth exploring
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:27 pm

Staying on the west coast, I can second the Brewery Gulch Inn. Also, if you’re interest in wine and Pinot Noirs specifically, there is no finer place to stay in the Willamette Valley than The Allison in Newberg OR. Great luxury hotel with a fantastic restaurant.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:35 pm
Original Member

There’s a new (open one year) Auberge resort in the Catskills that looks attractive: Wildflower Farm.

Write up from T&L: https://www.travelandleisure.com/wil...review-7495198

Last edited by KatW; Feb 26, 2024 at 12:41 pm
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

There’s a new (open one year) Auberge resort in the Catskills that looks attractive: Wildflower Farm.

Write up from T&L: https://www.travelandleisure.com/wil...review-7495198
This looks very nice, thank you for sharing! We are also looking into The Lodge at Blue Sky in UT. Has anyone been there or heard anything about it?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Is Central America too far? If not:
Hacienda AltaGracia
Nayara Tented Camp
Nekupe

As far as the US I recommend:
mii Amo
Vermejo
Taylor River Lodge
Dunton Hot Springs
The Green-O
Chatwal Lodge
Montage Palmetto Bluff
The Swag

I also give an extra vote to BlackBerry Mountain
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:59 am

Hopping on the Blackberry Mountain love. We usually stay in a house, but the cottages at the top of the mountain or the treehouses look like they would be extra special for a couple on their own. Personally I'd pick the Watchmen Cabins. They are super secluded at the top of the mountain and have access to a private hot tub in the forest.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Twin Farms, Vermont
Twin Farms in October would be my definition of bliss, if I could afford the splurge
KatW likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.