FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
test
Print Wikipost

Amanresorts Thread 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:14 pm

Scents used for toieltries in rooms

Does anyone know if the Amans are standardizing the in room toiletries across all locations? They used to be unique but now I am pretty sure they are all conforming to a watered down La Bottega version of their Essentials line. Supposedly the New York toiletries are influenced by the 'Purifying' line, and wondering if all locations are using that same scent which i suspect they might be after visiting a few locations in the past year. None of the hotels have been able to really tell me exactly the scent being used...
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:33 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyertalkenjoyer
Does anyone know if the Amans are standardizing the in room toiletries across all locations? They used to be unique but now I am pretty sure they are all conforming to a watered down La Bottega version of their Essentials line. Supposedly the New York toiletries are influenced by the 'Purifying' line, and wondering if all locations are using that same scent which i suspect they might be after visiting a few locations in the past year. None of the hotels have been able to really tell me exactly the scent being used...
Amanoi had Acqua di Parma hand soaps; and I would assume they would use the same brand across their shampoo/conditioner/bath soaps (since they use the eco friendly ceramic holders). I didn't use their moisturizer/bath salts, so not sure.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyertalkenjoyer
I never thought I would see the day when Aman went away from their locally sourced toiletries to La Bottega.
EuropeanPete and spotbeagle like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I never thought I would see the day when Aman went away from their locally sourced toiletries to La Bottega.
That, sadly, happened a while ago… when La Bottega posted “great things coming” after a meeting with Aman. Great for La Bottega, yes…

For many years, Aman sourced from The Lemongrass House, which are beautiful, artisanal products handmade in Phuket. Various SE Asian properties used them. But they are high quality and cost accordingly, even under the deal they got.

Other properties equally used locally made and high end products.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
That, sadly, happened a while ago… when La Bottega posted “great things coming” after a meeting with Aman. Great for La Bottega, yes…

For many years, Aman sourced from The Lemongrass House, which are beautiful, artisanal products handmade in Phuket. Various SE Asian properties used them. But they are high quality and cost accordingly, even under the deal they got.

I respected Aman for using the Lemongrass House stuff and pioneering the eco-friendly large containers. Not as a cost saving gimmick but truly caring for the environment and guests' health.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:44 am

Programs: some
I've stayed at 23 Amans and I still can't quite believe that I cancelled my reservation at what would have been the 24th (New York) following the terrible reports here and the ridiculous prices. (Still doing Amankora next year htough :-)
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fliar
I've stayed at 23 Amans and I still can't quite believe that I cancelled my reservation at what would have been the 24th (New York) following the terrible reports here and the ridiculous prices. (Still doing Amankora next year htough :-)
Give your hard earned money to the few remaining original Aman Amans out there.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:28 pm

This makes me very sad. Amanjena and Amangiri had such wonderful toiletries that were infused with hints of their locations. I smuggled out quite a bit of body wash from Amanjena (with Petar's blessing) and still have sage bath salts I purchased at Amangiri.
summertime likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Janu Tokyo opened on 3/13. I'm sure they'll do brisk business for White Day and Cherry blossom afternoon tea sets.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:47 am

Excited to try Janu, judging the pictures the property looks fantastic. Decidedly better designed than Otemachi. Hope they will get the service right!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excited to try Janu, judging the pictures the property looks fantastic. Decidedly better designed than Otemachi. Hope they will get the service right!
It's not Aman-lite or budget at all. I would daresay it could command similar rates to its older sibling. Seems like what a Rosewood Tokyo would be. High end finishes and top tier design.

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 14, 2024 at 3:09 am
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
It's a thing. Really annoying.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grumbler
It's a thing. Really annoying.
I'm surprised because those soaps are found in mid range chain hotels as well and most likely licenced copies out of China.
scented likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
It's not Aman-lite or budget at all. I would daresay it could command similar rates to its older sibling. Seems like what a Rosewood Tokyo would be. High end finishes and top tier design.
The pricing is not that far off from Aman Tokyo - not sure how this is going to work.
scented likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Think the shareholders have lost it .. Dubai ? Somewhat self serving and .. face , what vision ?

Why was AMAN for true AMANJunkies ignored ? Extremely sad state of affairs and hiring of “ bean counters “ mentality types to HQ ( those with no AMANs experience , do not even bring up AMAN DNA ) to boot ..

Soulless
Suppose they assume the “ influencer “ , nouveau and such types will support the dynamic and outrageous rates , rather than their loyal guests who prefer discretion

Pray the few who understand stay on to hold the fort while hopefully the “ few screw loose “ become fastened in place .. dire
someone heard.
https://www.daya-voyage.com/en
scented, Rumples and luxefarer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.