Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Step down from the Aman Tokyo and Ritz Carlton Kyoto?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Step down from the Aman Tokyo and Ritz Carlton Kyoto?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Question Step down from the Aman Tokyo and Ritz Carlton Kyoto?

I’m staying 1 week in Tokyo and another in Kyoto. I would usually stay in the Aman and Ritz but due to personal circumstances I can’t afford them for the whole week. What hotels would you recommend that are one step down and cheaper?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:01 pm

Programs: I wish :'(
Conrad Tokyo, Andaz Tokyo, Hoshinoya, Imperial Hotel, Prince Gallery, Hotel Mitsui Kyoto, luxury ryokans, or some of the other luxury hotel chains depending on dates.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Park Hyatt Tokyo is open until May. I’ve also got a booking at the Tokyo Station Hotel which I’m quite excited about and on the surface appears to be exceptional value.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jan 1, 2024 at 12:39 pm
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The Park Hyatt Tokyo is open until May. I’ve also got a booking at the Tokyo Station Hotel which I’m quite excited about and on the surface appears to be exceptional value.
The Tokyo Station Hotel looks like great value, but IMO I think it's a bit of a stretch allowing it to be a member of SLH, to me it looks like a Marriott or Hilton lol.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 4:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by GodAtum
The Tokyo Station Hotel looks like great value, but IMO I think it's a bit of a stretch allowing it to be a member of SLH, to me it looks like a Marriott or Hilton lol.
I’d be quite up for visiting those Marriotts or Hiltons that look similar then!
KI-NRT and aquanine like this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Early May, it closes right after golden week (which is over on May 6).
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GodAtum
I’m staying 1 week in Tokyo and another in Kyoto. I would usually stay in the Aman and Ritz but due to personal circumstances I can’t afford them for the whole week. What hotels would you recommend that are one step down and cheaper?
Janu Tokyo or any of the major chain luxury brand hotels like Andaz Tokyo, Conrad, etc. Kyoto - Hyatt Regency, Mitsui, Westin, etc.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:22 am

The Okura Heritage Wing is excellent and of great value
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.