Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Tamarindo (Jalisco, Mexico)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.

Four Seasons Tamarindo is now accepting reservations for stays starting on November 7th.

https://press.fourseasons.com/tamari...rvations-live/

This will be a soft opening. I will be on a call next Wednesday with the FS Tamarindo team where they will explain what to expect in terms of accommodations, facilities, and services that will be available. I will share those details after the call for anyone that is interested

In the meantime, they have shared that they are expecting that the following facilities and services will be available during the soft opening:

· Coyul and Nacho Restaurants
· First and second-level pool areas
· Majahua Beach and services
· El Tamarindo Golf Course
· Pop-up spa services in Casa Terrazas
· Tamarindo adventure activities
· Fitness center
· Water sports on Tamarindo Beach

The accommodations available for reservations as of today, are:

· Cliffside One-Bedroom Suites, Infinity Pool
· Cliffside Oceanview One-Bedroom Suite, Infinity Pool
· Cliffside Panoramic One-Bedroom Suite, Infinity Pool

***Above suites are recommended for adults

The resort's family-friendly accommodations and multi-bedroom suites will be added within the next few months after opening. The kids and teens facilities and services are currently not available (Kids For All Seasons, Escondite, & Caramelo). The Resort will have a small construction team on site finishing work on guest rooms and other minor projects. Guests should expect minor disruptions during their stay.

I will follow back up with more details next week.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KristenNix
30 suites
adults-only
soft opening great for those who prefer fewer rooms, that is aman size
Originally Posted by scented
FS sits in a nature reserve... they have built on only 2% of the total area of land. Unique.

With Félix Murillo, they also got a FS legend and one of their best GMs.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 8, 2022 at 11:33 am
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
I was on a call with the FS Tamarindo team today and here are some additional details that might be helpful to anyone that is interested in visiting the resort…

- Everything mentioned in the post above will be open during the soft opening

- The three Cliffside suite categories mentioned above all have the exact same floor plan, the only difference between them is the view.

- The soft opening is adults-only, and only guests ages 18 and over are permitted.

- The main pool (90-100 chairs and panoramic views), and the relaxation pool (a level down from the main pool) will both be open during the soft opening.

- The adults-only pool will open in February.

- Coyul and Nacho will both be open (breakfast is served at Coyul)

- Sal (restaurant and bar) will open in February.

- Majahua Beach is directly below the resort and will be open with chairs, umbrellas, and F&B service.

- The water sports center is on Tamarindo beach, which is a 5-7 minute golf cart ride from the resort. The beach is calm and protected with complimentary water bikes, sea kayaks, paddle boards, snorkeling gear, and more.

- The weather is very similar to Puerto Vallarta/Punta Mita… Tamarindo is just 160 miles to the south.

- During the soft opening only 30 suites will be available, supported by a full team.

- Festive is available, 5-night minimum, 21-day cancellation… no kids under 18 allowed.

They are hoping to have the family-friendly rooms, suites, and amenities (Kids For All Seasons, Teen Center, and Discovery Center) ready in February.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:09 pm
Original Member

Is this the former Costa Cayeres site?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how long of a wait for residences? (i see FS cabo has added 5BR villa and condos)
tamarindo lists other accommodations, including entry level, just not loaded yet

94 rooms + 63 suites + residences

Originally Posted by KatW
Is this the former Costa Cayeres site?
no, FS about an hour south
careyes.com/accommodations
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co...4d-105.0294415

(las alamandas is north of careyes, cuixmala is just south of careyes)

FS tamarindo developer got great deal, considering residences. blixseth sold for $14m in 2011.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/El...!4d-104.319737
cladglobal.com/news.cfm?codeid=346321

some history - GHM management under owner Grupo Plan >
apr 20 1999 > oct 31 2001 Careyes 51 rooms
apr 20 1999 > apr 30 2001 Tamarindo 29 bungalows 2,000 acres 15km coastline
(also 3 of the haciendas)
tamarindo / FS (and haciendas) now owned by >
paralelo19.com
they still publish 2 old villas at tamarindo >
paralelo19.com/hacienda.php?name=cruz
paralelo19.com/hacienda.php?name=terrazas
elitetraveler.com/travel/destination-guides/top-hotels-suites-in-the-world-2011/paralelo-19-private-villas
presumably other 2 old villas are privately owned, curious what theyre doing with old hotel bungalows
location (several thousand acres) is different from new build FS, as mentioned in a prior thread
sounds like using one of the old villas, Terrazas >
Pop-up spa services in Casa Terrazas
re admin fee seems like it is something new at least in mexico (at rosewood in mexico too)
re airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playa_...tional_Airport
info.flightmapper.net/airport/ZLO

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 9, 2022 at 11:58 am
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:42 am

FS sits in a nature reserve... they have built on only 2% of the total area of land. Unique.

With Félix Murillo, they also got a FS legend and one of their best GMs.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:11 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

i had no intention of going here but looking at their website and reading the above, it sure is sounding tempting. I do think their intention not to give all of the "service fee" as tips to their staff sounds rather disingenuous. Here is the wording on the reservation page:

A Service Charge of 15% of room rate (13% service and 2% administrative fee), plus applicable taxes, will be applied to all reservations. This charge is in addition to the room rate per night. This charge is intended to cover gratuities and a portion of costs associated with our employees.
The hotel is not listed on Amex FHR, is it Virtuoso, or does one just do FS PP? They do appear to be doing a fourth night free promotion on at least some dates.

It looks like Alaska does one nonstop a week (on Saturday) to/from LAX to the nearest airport, Manzanillo ZLO. Other than that, connections are on Aeromexico to Mexico City, so good to combine with a stay in Mexico City maybe.
scented likes this.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 8, 2022 at 11:38 am
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Kage...

The spa will be located in Casa Terrazas until the spa at the resort is finished. I did see a picture of one of the treatment rooms at Casa Terrazas, and it looked very nice with open air and gorgeous ocean views. They also mentioned that Casa Terrazas, along with a few other private villas/residences, will eventually be in the inventory. I didn't hear a date on when that might happen.

RichardInSF...

I am sure it will eventually be available through FHR, and possibly via Virtuoso. It is available via FSPP now. Rates during the soft opening in November and December (excluding Thanksgiving and Festive) are 30% off, and the Fourth Night Free starts in January.

We fly Alaska and I was also seeing flights on Wednesdays (starting Nov 23), in addition to Saturdays (LAX - ZLO). The resort is 35 minutes from the airport.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
i had no intention of going here but looking at their website and reading the above, it sure is sounding tempting. I do think their intention not to give all of the "service fee" as tips to their staff sounds rather disingenuous. Here is the wording on the reservation page:
This happens a lot these days unfortunately... they are just more honest about it!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:10 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kage...

I am sure it will eventually be available through FHR, and possibly via Virtuoso. It is available via FSPP now. Rates during the soft opening in November and December (excluding Thanksgiving and Festive) are 30% off, and the Fourth Night Free starts in January.

We fly Alaska and I was also seeing flights on Wednesdays (starting Nov 23), in addition to Saturdays (LAX - ZLO). The resort is 35 minutes from the airport.
I was checking low season in early January and only the Saturday Alaska flight came up on kayak. I wouldn't mind coupling a trip there with a few days in Mexico City -- quite an interesting contrast. The rate shows as "all inclusive" which I presume includes meals but then they have a separate B&B rate which is higher! That makes me a lot less sure about the meal situation. I wouldn't want to go to a place in the middle of nowhere without it including meals.

Added: I take it back, now the Wednesday Alaska flight is showing up as well. Still likely would do MEX first.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 8, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Old Sep 9, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb FS mexico beach resort soft opening 30 suites adult only

because many here would consider staying for the 30 rooms and or the adults only when they would not have considered staying otherwise , i thought it was worth alerting / highlighting to a wider audience here

it is a new build, for those who remember existence of small resort at tamarindo

KristenNix posted here (thanks!) >

fourseasons.com/tamarindo

will be interesting to see if future FS etc do this. off hand i do not recall something like this in the past where it was as limited as 30 rooms. definitely have never seen adults only just during soft opening.when there are residences maybe that is a factor, for potential buyers

if my thread is not acceptable, might i suggest editing / adding to the title of linked original thread

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 9, 2022 at 11:56 am
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
because many here would consider staying for the 30 rooms and or the adults only when they would not have considered staying otherwise , i thought it was worth alerting / highlighting to a wider audience here

it is a new build, for those who remember existence of small resort at tamarindo

KristenNix posted here (thanks!) >

fourseasons.com/tamarindo

will be interesting to see if future FS etc do this. off hand i do not recall something like this in the past where it was as limited as 30 rooms. definitely have never seen adults only just during soft opening.when there are residences maybe that is a factor, for potential buyers

if my thread is not acceptable, might i suggest editing / adding to the title of linked original thread
Four Seasons Tented Camp was originally adult-only, with only a handful of tents.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
On site now and the resort is wonderful

We arrived at the Four Seasons Tamarindo yesterday (with our small dog). As it's in the opening phase we were not expecting much but it is quickly becoming our favorite Four Seasons in Mexico (and we have been to all the ones in Mexico). There is a real focus here on the Mexican community, culture, and food. Unlike many lux resorts in Mexico, it has a swimmable beach. Our suite - cliffside one bedroom with an infinity pool is extremely practical in size. All suites come with a pool and some are more private than others (we did a full site inspection so if you want help with room numbers then drop a message).

Here are some photos for now and I will post a full trip report after checkout. If anyone has any questions or wants me to find something out for them while here then do send me a message.

There is also a great Four Seasons Preferred Partner promo at the moment (that I or any other TA in this group) can offer which is the fourth night free including usual FSPP benefits.

Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Curious if the old El Tamarindo is still there, or if it was demolished to make way for the 4S… or if the FS was built on a different bay on the very large property.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 12:10 am
Original Member

Looks as if base room rate is $2k/night, plus 30% whatnot (service, taxes, administrative.). I am indeed profligate but this pricing is gasping. Does not work for me.
SanDiego1K and offerendum like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.